Two

*October 17th 1980*

Howard sat at his desk, working harder than ever before. He needed to make sure that everything would be perfect, he couldn't let a single mistake happen.

Over the past 10 years, since the birth of his children, he had started the Stark Expo, but he couldn't bring himself to continue with it. He had started it for his children, but his heart was no longer in it.

He had also created the arc reactor a few years ago. The technology was successful, but for the time, there was no profitability. There was another use for it, he just had to finish creating the machine that would filter the radiation to Amelias chamber.

He looked over, seeing his daughters small body inside, frozen at 4 years old. He remembered when her and Tony had created their first circuit boards at the age of 4, shortly before he had put her in the chamber.

Remembering that day, both kids were excited to show him their accomplishment, when she had started coughing badly, bringing up blood. She struggled to breathe, falling to the floor.

They had managed to help her, and within a week, Howard created the chamber, and there she remained ever since.

Maria would come see her, at least once a day, talking and singing to her. Tony no longer asked about her, as it was too painful for him.

Howard sighed, looking back over his notes, it had to work. It had to be perfect.

----------------------------------------------------------

*June 13th 1989*

After the altercation between Hank Pym and Mitchell Carson, which resulted in Pym resigning from SHIELD, Howard paced his office at the Triskilion.

'That could've gone better'... Howard turned, seeing Peggy in the doorway.

'Carson deserved it. If it were me, he wouldn't have walked away'... Howard leans back against his desk.

'Why are you so set on recreating Hanks work? Is it because of her?..'.. She asks, closing his door... 'Howard, its been 15 years'... She sighed, rubbing a hand across her forehead.

'Nothing to do with her Peg..'.. He shrugs... I got to keep my company running and SHIELD could use the particles. Think of it, our agents can go on missions and be in and out, undetected'

She couldn't believe what she was hearing... 'Do you even hear yourself? If it was your work, you would tear the other person apart for trying to steal your work. Why would you do that to Hank, he's your friend'

Howard kept his face neutral, he couldn't have her knowing... 'Well, he'll get over it'

Peggy threw her hands up, scoffing a laugh... 'I honestly do not understand what is going through you head, but whatever it is, it stops now, am I clear?'

'Crystal..'.. Howard nods at her, before standing up. He grabs his jacket from by the door, giving her a smile... 'If you don't mind, I'm going home'

He brushed past her, and out of his office. He didn't speak to anyone, as he made his way down to the garage.

----------------------------------------------------------

Howard was back in his private office, beneath his home. Shrugging his jacket off, he dropped it on one of the free chairs. He looked over at his daughter, pulling the vial out of his pocket.

He looked down at it in his hand. He had a team try to recreate the Pym particles, and this was as close as they could get. Going to his safe, he opened it, pulling out the cigar box. He placed the particles inside, with the serum and Rogers blood.