Thirty-Nine

Lia felt a lot better with herself, after spending the last 2 days in Wakanda. She really did love it there. She had spent as much time as she could with the people, playing with the children and talking with the adults.

She sat in the back of the jet, lost in her thoughts about everything. She had accepted her fate again, but yet she was still alive. After speaking with Ramonda and T'Chaka, they had both given her their advice.

Though she was ready for the next life, this one was not done with her yet. This was proof, that she had a higher purpose in this world. She thought it over, and maybe they were right, she just wished she could have the happiness she always wanted.

------------------------------------------------------------

Tony looked over to his sister, seeing her sat alone. He was so proud of her, after seeing how loved she was in Wakanda. He had hear stories of her, and what she had done for the small nation. He couldn't believe that she had a whole other life he didn't know about, and as much as he wanted her to tell him everything, he wouldn't push her.

He had spent a lot of his time in Wakanda, with Shuri, learing all about their technology. She had promised to be in touch and together they could work on upgrading his systems and tech.

He still didn't know what had happened when Cap had gone into her mind, and it seemed that Lia was avoiding the guy as best she could. He sighed, relieved they were going home, he knew the others would be happy to have her back. Though, he didn't know how to get in touch with Thor and let him know.

He checked the controls, seeing they were still about half hour out from the compound, he turned in his seat, facing the other four... 'We'll be home in 30..'.. Lia turned to him, giving him a smile... 'I don't know who's going to get to you first, but $10 it'll be Romanoff'

Lia smiled, shaking her head... 'Nuh uh, it'll be Pepper..'.. She looked around at the four of them... 'Thank you, for not giving up, for saving me. But I'd still like to go back to New Orleans..'

Tony's face dropped as he came to sit with her... 'Why?.'

Lia took his hand, and leaned on his shoulder... 'I don't belong there Tony, and it'll hurt to much to be there. Just, let me have a life the way I want. I want to move on, and be with someone, have a family. Can you let me have that?'

Tony pulled her in for a hug, his eyes catching on Cap, seeing the man look down... Yeah, yeah. I'm sorry for it all before, for making you feel that you couldn't talk to me..'.. He pulled back to smile at her... 'Seems like you've had one hell of a life anyway. I got questions, but I won't push for you to tell me..'

He nudged her with his shoulder... 'Secret agent, pretty much an adopted daughter to royalty in an amazing country. Something about mystic arts, whatever that is, anything else?'

Lia chuckled at him and stuck her tongue out... 'I think that's enough for now. All the other stuff would blow your mind. Anyway, you think the others will like their gifts too?'

'Are you kidding? These will save so much time when getting ready for missions. Stronger, durable. Shuri is sending samples, so I can create more suits. I feel so old..'.. He shook his head, a sorrowful sigh falls from him... 'I've been outdone by a kid..'

Lia burst out laughing at his fake pout... 'Get over it Tony. Besides, we're the only ones that know, and I'd like to keep it that way. Cause believe me when I say, it ain't me, or the Wakandan army you need to worry about, It's Ramonda..'.. Lia shuddered... 'That's one woman, you really don't want to cross..'

She looked over seeing Bucky polish his arm and she sniggered... 'Buck, you could punch a million walls with that thing, and still wouldn't leave a scratch..'

He gave her a sly grin, putting down the cloth... 'Got to make sure it looks good, for Ellie..'.. He winked at her.

------------------------------------------------------------

Steve watched her laugh and talk with the others. Since they had spoken a few nights ago, she had pretty much been avoiding him. He had seen her with the people of Wakanda, and how much she was loved and adored. It was completely different from how he had seen her. Tony was right, if he had gotten to know her, he would have seen the real her.

Feeling the jet come into land at the compound, he grabbed his things and headed to the ramp. He felt a little lost without her teasing and her usual behaviour. Seeing the others all stood outside, he walked right past them and inside, heading to his room. He just wasn't in the mood to talk.

------------------------------------------------------------

Lia watched him leave, and it hurt her, seeing the look on his face. She took a deep sigh, knowing she'd have to talk to him soon. She looked across to Tony, and the other two before she started walking out. She didn't even get to the ramp, as she got knocked back to the floor, being wrapped in a tight hug.

She laughed, seeing who it was, and rubbed her friends back... 'Missed you too Pepper. Tony, you owe me $10..'

She pushed the two of them to sitting up, as Pepper pulled back, sniffling... 'What stupid shit were you thinking? Why on earth would you sacrifice yourself? I need you here. Tony is way too much for me to deal with alone..'

Lia chuckled, rubbing Peppers back as Tony came over to help them both up. She nodded at Pepper, linking arms... 'Well, I'm here for another day or two, then heading back home. I've been away long enough, and I don't know if my places are still standing..'

'Well, we'll have a party tomorrow night, just to send you off..'... Tony says, grabbing her bag as well as his, and walked off.

Lia pulled Pepper along, and out to the others. She hugged them all, even Pietro who was terrified and surprised at the same time. The all made their way into the compound and Lia was amazed at it all. Once they entered the main room, she saw both Helen and Maria. She rushed over embracing both women.

'I got to ask, are you still on benched, or are you coming back to work?'... Maria asks, as Lia heads to the kitchen area, looking for something to drink.

'Well, I'm no longer dying, so in back on the game. You got anything for me yet?'... Lia smiles at her, pouring a large glass of scotch.

'Not yet. We'll give you a few more weeks to get back into being alive and all that...'.. Lia snorted in response, and started gulping her drink down.

She began to pour another one, before realising everyone was watching her..'What? I'm depressed. My head got scrambled, i died, got revived. In a coma for a while and then had people in and out of my head. I need something to take the edge off..'

😘