Ten

Lia woke up and stretched, seeing the sky outside a beautiful shade of lilac and orange as the sun was setting. Reaching for her phone, she checked the time, seeing she had slept a good 5 hours.

Flopping back onto the bed, she rubbed her hands over her face. She was still feeling the effects of a hangover, just not as bad as this morning. Though she was extremely hungry.

Dragging herself from her bed, she freshened up, and heading to the main floor, in search of food. The elevator opened up, and she saw almost all of them all sitting around, laughing and talking.

She did feel a stab in her chest, knowing that this was Tonys family, not hers. She was just an outsider. Heading past them all, she went straight to the kitchen, pulling some takeout leftovers from the fridge and digging in.

'I take it you're hungry?'... She heard Buckys amused tone. Turning to him, she flipped him off, before swallowing the food she crammed in her mouth.

'What can I say..'.. She flopped next to Thor on the couch, pulling her feet up under her... 'Those toys really worked up an appetite'

She heard Tony make a noise, and she smirked at him. Taking another mouthful of the Chinese food she had, she just listened to them all talking. Though, she did note a certain snowflake missing.

Once she finished, she placed the empty container on the coffee table, smiling at them... 'So, what do you guys do when you're not, you know, saving the world and shit?'

'Well, me and Buck got a mission, so we're leaving tonight. Not sure how long we'll be'... Sam says, as he sits next to her.

'I'm heading out for a recon with Clint'... Says Nat as she stands up... 'But me, you and Pep are having some girl time when I get back. We've already talked about it, but you're going out on a date. We'll set it up, and trust me, we'll rein in Tony'... Nat winked at her, and left the room.

Lia sighed, watching her go, before looking at Bruce... 'If you don't marry that woman, I will'... She watched him blush, get up and leave, stammering about work in the lab.

Lia spread herself out on the couch. Her head on Sams lap, and her legs over Thors. She looks over to Thor.. 'What about you? You off on a mission too?'

'I will be paying a visit to an old friend, but I shall return in two days my Lady'... He patted her leg, smiling down at her.

'Tony?'... She calls, turning her head to look at him.

'Me and Pepper will be leaving in an hour for a event. But I can cancel if you want me to stay?'... The way he said it, hesitantly, she knew he was worried about her.

'Absolutely not. Pepper is spending time to get herself ready. She's already perfect as she is, but she deserves some time where she can look like a goddess outside of work'... Lia sighed, linking her fingers across her stomach, looking up at the ceiling... 'Does this mean I'm left alone with the iceberg?'

She heard Sam and Bucky snigger at her question... 'I do have a name, just so you know..'.. She had heard him coming, before he entered the room.

Her eyes caught Sams, as he looked down at her in his lap. A slow evil grin appeared on her face, and Sam was fighting back his laugh, as she sat herself up to face Steve.

'Frigid, Arctic, frosty, icicle, ice cube, chilly willy, snowball, snowflake-..'.. She rattled them off, smiling over at him, standing at the other couch.

'Enough!'... He said loudly, his irritation evident.

'I don't know what your issue with me is gelid, but I call this lot different names, and not one of them has an issue with it. Watch this..'.. She grins at Bucky... 'Whats my name?'

Bucky chuckles at her, seeing her eyes gleaming with mischief... 'I call you trouble'

Lia looks between Sam and Thor either side of her... 'And you two?'

'Hellion..'.. Thor said.

'Terror..'.. Sam replied.

'Tony!..'.. She calls over to him in the kitchen. He turns to look at her, frowing... 'What names do you call me?'

'Bitch, crazy, idiot, pain in my ass, to name a few. Why?'... He asks, walking over with a coffee for her.

She takes it from him, as she smiled over at Steve... 'Captain popsicle there..'.. She nods her head to him, seeing his jaw clench... 'Doesn't like any of the names I call him. You'd think I was a bully'... She rolled her eyes, as Tony sat on the other couch.

'You call everyone a different name. On occasion you use real names, but that's only when you respect the person'... Tony smirks at her, understanding.

She grins back at him, before taking a sip of her drink... 'Exactly'

'But, you call us all by our names'... Sam says, frowning.

Steve stood, seething with anger. She just made it clear thst she doesn't respect him. He didn't know what he did to deserve her rude behaviour  and disrespect, but he had enough.

'I am the Captain. This is my team, and you will show me respect. You may be a guest of Tonys, but if you continue, I won't hesitate to inform Fury about you'.. He gritted out.

She saw out of the corner of her eye, that Tony stood up. Flicking her hand at him, she wrapped him in rope, and he fell back on the couch. Handing her cup to Thor, she stood and walked over to Steve.

She smiled at him, her hands on her hips... 'You want to talk about respect? You had the audacity to follow me into my room this morning, raise your voice at me and when I didn't respond, you shouted at me. As my actions were clear, I went to my bathroom to put my shower on and grab a change of clothes..'.. She saw something flicker in his eyes.

'You proceeded to stand there, while I stripped off, leaving my bedroom door open. Tell me Captain, is that respect for someone? You harassed me, in my own room, and when you were not getting your own way, you remained there, shouting at me..'.. She folded her arms, tilting her head at him.

'You stripped off in front of me'... She saw his face go red.

'I do believe that was in MY room, correct?'... She asked, smirking at him.

He made some strange noises in the back of his throat, turned and stormed out. Lia sniggered, before turning to the four men on the couches. Waving her hand at Tony, she made the ropes disappear.

She saw that he was angry... 'Uh uh, don't even think about Tony..'.. She grinned wickedly at him... 'He didn't hurt or upset me. I got my own back. Best way to shut a guy up is to get naked. He got out of there so fast, he left burn marks on my floor'

Thor, Bucky and Sam laughed. They were starting to get used to her, and found she was a lot of fun.

'If he ever does anything like that again, I won't hesitate to kick him out of here, preferably through a window'... Tony huffed out. He got up, went to put his cup in the sink, and left.

'Well, seeing as it'll be me and Snowball here tonight, I have a few tricks up my sleeve'... She bounces on the balls of her feet.

'Lady Lia, you are not wearing sleeves'... Thor says, a little confused.

😘