Fifteen

Tony had watched everything on his monitor. He really wanted to rip Rogers apart, but he knew he couldn't get involved. Lia wouldn't want him to. He sighed, shaking his head, as he heard the elevator open, and Clint walked out with Nat.

'Did we miss it?'... He turned to the two of them, crossing his arms.

'Piece of advice, don't ever try to stop her or get involved. I learned that the hard way, but yeah, you missed it. Jarvis had the footage if you want to see..'.. He ran a hand across his face... 'Rogers went too far. She wouldn't have cared if he pranked her, but he took something really private of hers'

'I guessed as much, when she flipped her bed..'.. Nat said, heading to the monitor, to see what happened. Clint followed her, and the two of them watched the interaction... 'Damn she broke his shield..'

Tony sighed... 'Yeah, but she can also fix it. Knowing her, she'll feel guilty for what she said, and fix it anyway'

'She's good though. Really good, she hit every bullseye, expect one. Only because I distracted her..'.. Clint looked between Nat and Tony... 'What? I didn't want my ego to take a hit..'.. He chuckled.

Nat rolled her eyes, muttering 'men' under her breath... 'I'll talk to Steve, Tony you go see her. We leaving for the mission in the morning and need them both ready'

Tony nodded and head off to Lias room. He knew that the book was important to her. He had never read it, but she kept it with her, always. He guessed it might be a diary, journal kind of thing. He reached her door, hesitating before knocking... 'Lia? It's me. Can I come in?'

He heard her door click and it opened slightly. He pushed it open all the way and walked in, closing it behind him. He saw her bed back in place, but the bedding was still on the floor. She was sat in the middle of her bed, legs crossed as she hugged the book.

Tony saw that she was crying, and he had never known her to cry, he couldn't remember the last time he saw her shed a tear. He didn't say anything, he joined her on the bed, and she sank sideways into him, as he wrapped his arms around her.

They stayed there for a while, until she was ready. Tony wanted to kill Rogers, for pushing his sister to this point. He stroked her back, as he listened to her breathing. He could tell she was calming down.

'I'm sorry Tony. I've cause too much chaos already. I can't go on the mission with you, I'll stay here. I'll fix the shield too'... She sat up, creating a a cloth to wipe her face with. Once she was done, she turned to Tony, her book still clutched to her chest with one hand.

Tony looked down at it, and back to her... 'First off, I'd rather you on the mission than him, second... That was awesome, I'm impressed, so are Barton and Romanoff.  She sent the footage to Barnes and Wilson, who both found it funny..'.. A laugh escaped her, and he smiled... 'He shouldn't have taken it, and I'm guessing, he's learned his lesson now'

'I wouldn't have cared if he threw glitter over everything, ripped my clothes, hell throw itching powder in my bed. I can handle pranks, he could've taken anything else, but this..'.. She looks down at the book in her hands... 'Not this. Its too important to me'

Tony rubbed a hand on her back, when there was a knock at her door. She looked at her brother, nodding for him to call out... 'Who is it?'

'Its me..'.. Lia smiled, getting up she went to the door, pulling it open. She hugged Pepper tight... 'Girls night?'... Pepper asked her, and she laughed.

'Yeah, girls night in, here..'.. She looks back at Tony... 'I want a minibar in my room, by the end of the week, but for now we need some alcohol. Oh, and can you order pizza too please?'

Tony got up off her bed, putting his arm around her shoulders, and kissing the side of her head... 'Whatever you want..'.. He kissed Pepper and left the two of them.

'Nat will be with us in a few. You got some spare pj's?..'.. Lia nodded her head to her closet... 'Good. You pick the film, or show whatever you want to watch, I'll get changed'

Lia absolutely adored Pepper. She was there whenever she needed a sister, and that's exactly what Pepper was to her. She just needed Tony to get his head out of his ass and marry the woman.

------------------------------------------------------------

Nat stood in Steve's room, her arms folded, as she watched him squirm, sitting on the end of his bed... 'Honestly Steve, did it ever occur to you, that if it was hidden, it may be something personal?'

Steve sighed, dropping his head into his hands... 'I saw it under her mattress and thought it might be something, but not personal..'.. He looked up at Nat... 'What if she's keeping track of us? Information about us, to pass on?'

Nat pinched the bridge of her nose, and counted to 10 in her head... 'Did her reaction to you taking it, seem like it was that?'... She looked over at him, seeing him with a heartbroken look at his shield on the floor in the corner... 'She'll fix it, with or without an apology from you'

Steve frowned at Nat... 'Its vibranium, it can't be fixed. How did she even manage to break it in the first place?'

Nat threw her hands up at him, exasperated... 'I just can't with you right now. You're still being an asshole, just like she said..'.. Nat walked over to the shield, picking up both pieces and heading to the door... 'She's not expecting you to apologise, but she'll still fix this for you'

Nat walked out of his room, and headed straight to Lias. Putting one piece under her other arm, she opened the door, and closed in behind her. She saw Pepper and Lia laughing on the bed, both in pj's.

Lia saw what Nat had, and she sighed. She got off the bed, holding her hands out to take the shield from Nat. When it was passed to her, she pressed both pieces together and focused. The split began to fix itself. Within a minute, it was back to normal.

Lia smiled up at Nat, nodding her head to the desk... 'Pjs there for you, I'm going to give this back to frosty'

She left her room, without the two of them stopping her. She walked to his door, and knocked, the shield held in her other hand. His door opened, and she could see the surprise in his eyes. She held the shield out, for him to take, and took a breath... 'I'm sorry, for what I said about Peggy, I shouldn't have brought her up. Its as good as new..'.. She nodded to the shield, now in his hands.

'I won't apologise for breaking it, or what I did to you. But my words, yes. I know how much she means to you, and I shouldn't have used her to hurt you. I won't say anything to her. Just because you hate me, doesn't mean you treat her bad..'.. Lia gave him a small smile... 'She needs you, and you need her'

She turned, not giving him a chance to say anything. Once she was back in her room, she looked to both women... 'That was more painful than getting my vagina waxed'

😘