Twenty-Nine

Lia froze for a moment, her eyes darting to Clint, seeing him shake his head. She didn't think he would say anything, but she saw him look over to the twins. Lia rounded on them both, and they shrunk back, seeing the look on her face.

'First you mess with my head, and kidnap me. Allow me to be experimented on, all because you two held a grudge? I ought to fucking kill you both for what you've done..'.. She heaved out, trying not to panic at what else Tony and the others would know.

'Lia..'.. She turns to Clint, seeing him step forward... 'Just that, I promise..'

She nods at him, trying to get her emotions back under control before her powers exploded from her. She glares at the twins... 'If you fuck over the team, there is no where you can hide that I won't find you. I'll kill you slowly, painfully, and become YOUR nightmare, understood?'

Both of them nodded furiously, not saying a word. She turned back to Tony, sighing... 'We'll get into all that, after we destroy terminator, yeah?'

She looks around, feeling weak and drained... 'Get your shit together, but give me 20. I need a quick shower and change. Someone wake up thing 1 and 2 in the med bay, and grab me something to eat on the jet...'.. She walks to the door, to head to her room... 'If you even think of leaving without me, I'll beat the shit out of every single one who agrees to..'... She calls back.

------------------------------------------------------------

Steve watches her leave, and turns to Clint... 'You knew?'

Clint shakes his head, and walks off... 'Wasn't my news to tell. And before you say anything Tony, I only found out last night. I had planned on getting her to talk to you, as soon as she was back..'

They watch as Barton walks out of the room. Tony looks over at Steve, giving him a confused look... 'Why would you even care? You hate her. You've wanted her gone, since the moment she arrived, so don't be acting all moral and guilty now Cap. She'll put you on your ass again, if you so much as pity her..'

Steve let out a breath and sat down, as him, Tony and Bruce talked it over. He worried about her, and how she would handle the fight. It wasn't long before Bucky and Sam joined them, both rubbing their heads.

------------------------------------------------------------

Not 20 minutes later, they all boarded the jet, slipping their comms in ready. Lia stayed close to Clint, waiting for Cap to be done with his speech.

When he had finished talking, Clint turned to her, and signed... ^I read it. Only me, I didn't give it to Nat. Lia, what the hell?^

^Which part are you more surprised about? The dying? the secret agent? Mystical powers? Or the fact that I'm in love with that asshole?^... She raises an eyebrow at him.

^All of it? Why didn't you tell Tony when you came to the tower?^

^Does it seem that me and my brother have a close enough relationship? No, we don't. And I was scared, that he would do exactly what Howard did^... Clint saw the fear in her eyes.

^Well apparently you're not dying anymore. Vision told us, Ultron took some of your blood to create him, and in return injected you with vibranium^

Lia scoffed, shaking her head... ^I've been ready to die since I was a child. Why is it, that when I'm close to death, something stops it from happening? I've accepted it, the universe needs to just let it happen^... She began to hyperventilate, pacing around as she spoke, her voice raising slightly.

'I am nothing, no one. I'm not important, so why am I not allowed to die?! I have nothing to live for any way! I can't ever have a life, have love, because you won't let me Tony! So what do I have?! Nothing. No family, no friends..'.. She turned to Clint, tears running down her face... 'I don't have him. He will never see me, the way I see him. I can't ever move on from him..'.. She dropped to her knees, hugging herself... 'So what's the point in living..'

Tony choked back the tears, seeing her breakdown. He hated himself, for playing a part in how she felt. She was right, he wasn't letting her live her life. He walked over, dropping next to her and pulled her close.

Tony looked to Clint, seeing the heartbreak in his face. Barton knew more than what he was letting on. He had a feeling, she had told him everything. He was thankful, that she had at least one person she could talk to, someone to trust. It hurt, that it wasn't him.

It took almost an hour for her to calm down, and when she did, she pulled herself together, sitting quietly at the back of the jet. Lia knew the others were looking at her, and she didn't care. She'd help stop Ultron, save Nat and anyone else, but then she was done. She'd go back to the life she had before, back to New Orleans.

'Lia?..'... She heard his voice, and didn't even look at him. It felt like a sucker punch, hearing his tone.

'Don't even bother frosty. I'm really not in the mood for whatever abuse or lecture you want to throw at me. If you're here to question my capabilities for this, you got nothing to worry about. I'll tear him and his walking cutlery apart..'.. She kept her head back, staring at the ceiling.

'That's not-..'... She scoffs, interrupting him, as she felt him sit next to her.

'Don't want your apologies or pity either. You judged me the moment you saw me. You have no idea what I've been through, how my life has been. You have no fucking right to ever think badly of me..'.. She dropped her head, shaking it... 'You don't get it. I hated what Howard did to me, using me, experimenting on me. But I always heard stories of you..'

She looked at him next to her... 'Even after they died, I would find anything I could about you. I wanted to be a hero, like you. Because I had your blood, your serum in my veins. You were the only light I had, in all that darkness. Peggy would talk to me about you, about Bucky, everything she knew about you..'

She saw him turn his head to look at her... 'I knew about Bucky years ago, and I set out to find him, because of you. He saved me from spending the rest of my life locked up in a lab, so I wanted to save him. He's your best friend, and he was another link to you..'

She pulled out her book from her bag, and handed it to him. He hesitantly took it, and she stood... 'You want to know everything? It's all in there. Go ahead, read it. I no longer care anymore. After all this, I'm done..'.. She looked around at the others, seeing them watching her.

'I'm gone after this. Tony..'.. He looks at her, pain and sadness in his face... 'Im going back when this is over. But don't leave me alone out there, ok?'... She gave him a small smile. He nodded at her, and she walked over, hugging him tight.

She fought back her tears, knowing that this was a battle she would give everything, and if she died, she hoped they'd let her go. Stepping back, she cleared her throat, looking around at them all. She noted that Cap was still sat there, staring at the book... 'So, can I get first swing at terminator or what?'

😘