Twenty-Six

Wanda stood, looking at the cradle as Dr Cho hooked Ultron up to it. Whispers flew through her mind, as she stepped forward.

'I can read him. He's dreaming..'.. It was unusual, to be able to read something that wasn't human. She walked closer to the cradle, curiosity taking a hold of her.

'I wouldn't call it dreams. Its Ultrons base consciousness. Informational noise. Soon-..'.. Dr Cho tells them.

'How soon?..'.. Ultron interrupts her... 'I'm not being pushy..'

Wanda comes right up to the cradle, as Dr Cho talks, placing her hands on it. She uses her power, to see into his mind. She cries out in pain, stumbling back, at the images burn through her mind. She feels Pietro come to her, holding onto her.

Wanda glares at Ultron as he stands... 'How could you?'

'How could I what?'... He asks, watching her.

'You said we would destroy the Avengers, make a better world..'.. She was afraid of what she saw. She glanced to Dr Cho.

'It will be better..'.. Ultron says.

'When everyone is dead?..'... She asked him, gripping onto Pietro.

'That is not..'.. Ultron raised his voice, before he lowered it again... 'The human race will have every opportunity to improve..'

'And if they don't?'... Pietro speaks up, keeping Wanda behind him as he faces Ultron.

'The she will help them to..'.. Ultron gestures to the woman behind them, by the door.

'You're a madman..'.. Wanda tells him.

'There were more than a dozen extinction level events, before even the dinosaurs got theirs. When the earth starts to settle, God throws a stone at it. And believe me, he's winding up. We have to evolve..'.. Ultron leans onto the cradle, running a hand over it... 'There is no room, for the weak..'

Wanda uses her power, to break the mind control over both women, as Pietro speaks... 'And who decides who's weak?'

'Life..'... Ultron chuckles... 'Life always decides..'

------------------------------------------------------------

Lia kept her gaze to the floor, struggling to keep herself together. After what that bitch had done to her mind, that fucking robot with the damn scepter, she couldn't make out what was real and what wasn't. It felt as though a fog had lifted from her, but she was completely and utterly exhausted. She didn't know when she had last slept, or if she even had, since she was taken.

Not to mention the aching hunger within her. She remembered everything of that nightmare in her head, but since the scepter was used on her, her memories were scrambled.

She heard the familiar sound of the quinjet above, wherever the hell she was. The twins were stood, facing off against Ultron. She didn't know what was going on, but she recognised Helen Cho, from the party.

She saw the guy, Pietro look at her, as he hugged his sister, his eyes catching hers as he mouthed the word 'run' at her.

'They're incoming. The quinjet, we have to move..'... She hears Ultron. She looks up more, seeing Helen move to the metal box in the room.

'That's not a problem..'.. Helen says, tapping the screen on the end of the box. Ultron sighs, and blasts Helen back, just as the twins disappear from the lab.