Thirteen

Lia looked over the suit that was just finished. She was surprised that he made one for her. She didn't think he really cared about her, and she couldn't help but wonder, if he only wanted her to join in, because of her power or because he wanted his sister to be there.

'Its uh, it's nice..'.. She sighed, leaning back against the work station behind her.

'Ok, what's really going on? You would say nice, you'd have a more brutal opinion than that..'.. Tony said, folding his arms watching her.

'Why do you really want me here Tony? I mean, is it because you need my power or because you actually want me here? You never really showed any indication that you care about me..'.. She shrugged at him... 'No offence, but this whole sibling bonding thing, just doesn't seem like you. Are you being like this, in front of your teammates, I don't know'... She throws her hands up, and paces the room.

Tony felt a stab at her words. She was being honest with how she was thinking and feeling. He couldn't understand why she felt this way. Over the years, he hadn't really shown her any sign that he cared about her.

He walked over to her, pulling her into a hug... 'I'm sorry sis. I'm sorry I made you feel this way. But I mean it, I want us to be a family again, and this..'.. He stepped back and gestured to the suit... 'Is my way of protecting you. I know you hate feeling controlled, and I give you full permission to kick my ass if I do, just..'

He sighs, running a hand through his hair... 'Talk to me, and I'll talk to you. I can't lose you again. I do want you here, I mean it'

Lia could see it in his face, he was genuine. She smiled at him, coming to nudge him with her shoulder... 'The suit is awesome. Could do with a bit of colour though, don't want everyone thinking I'm another Widow. Nat is iconic as it is'

'Why thank you..'.. Tony and Lia turn, seeing Nat and Clint walking into the lab, both of them grinning at her.

'Why are you two smiling like weirdos?'... She asks, looking between the two of them.

'We saw some interesting stuff happen last night, and wanted to ask what.. gift, you gave Steve?'... Nat said, leaning against a table, Clint stopping next to her. Lia burst out laughing, remembering his reaction.

'Oh, that... Yeah, I gave him 2 toys last night with a note. Said I know he's missing his two stooges, so I gave him a vibrating hand, that was like Buckys, and a long one with wings called the Falcon'... She grinned mischievously at the two of them, as they roared with laughter. Tony just shook his head, turning to his monitor.

Clint and Nat were wiping tears from their eyes, remembering the footage... 'What uh, what about when he came past your room, and your door was open?'... Clint asked, a smirk on his face.

'I left it open to tease him. I was laying on my back, on the bed in a very skimpy set, while watching Sex in the City. He came past the same time Samantha came'... She shrugged at them, her hands on her hips. The two laughed again, as the elevator opened. Lia saw who it was and fought a smirk. Turning to her suit, she looked it over again.

'Tony, add in some colour to it, but I like it. What toys do I get with it?'... She looked over at her brother, as Nat came over to check out her suit.