Thirty

Steve still held onto the book, as he watched her, when she moved around the jet. She had eaten what Clint had brought for her, and was currently laying across some seats, with her head in Buckys lap, sleeping. They were only about 20 minutes out from Sokovia, but he wondered if she was really up for this.

They book felt heavy in his hands, as he looked down at it. Now that he had it, he didn't want to read it. Something was telling him, he wasn't ready for the whole truth. He reached over, and put it back in her bag.

'Actually thought you would read it..'.. He turns, seeing Clint standing close by, he arms folded. Steve looked over, and Tony was now at the controls.

Steve shook his head sighing, before looking across at her... 'No. Its not my place to. Whatever is in there, she can tell me herself..'

Clint sat down next to him, keeping his voice low... 'I get that she's not been here long, but I trust her. When she figured it out, about my family, that's when I knew, I could trust her with my life, all our lives. She could've told you all, but she didn't..'.. Clint looked over to her.

'She trusted me with that book. That I was to read it, only if I had to. I know everything that's in there. And I can't believe how damn strong she really is..'.. He turns to Steve... 'The only thing that's been keeping her going, is hope. But I think she's lost that..'

Steve saw sadness in Clints eyes, and he turned watching Bucky stroke her hair from her face. He saw it in her features, she was giving up.

'Tony will lose it if she dies..'.. He whispered to Clint, seeing Buckys head come up and frown across at him.

'She'll go down fighting Cap, until her last breath, but she needs a reason to keep living. Read it, trust me..'... Clint patted him on the shoulder, and got up walking over to Thor and Tony.

Steve's eyes caught Buckys, who nodded with his head to her bag. Steve knew he didn't have long until they arrived, so he took the book back, and opened it. What surprised him, was the picture of him and Bucky, from back in the 40s, with the howling commandos. Moving the picture aside, he began to quickly read.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Lia felt someone give her a little shake, calling her name softly. She knew she wouldn't sleep fully, but needed a nap to recharge her power. She pushed herself up to sit in her seat and yawned, as she looked around. She smiled across to Bucky, patting his leg.

'I'm glad I didn't drool on you..'.. She grinned at him and winked... 'Or you giving my ear a thorough examination..'

Bucky laughed as he caught onto what she meant. He was worried for her, after everything she had said, and hearing the conversation between Steve and Clint. He watched as she stood and stretched, them head over to Tony, Clint and Thor.

He looked back over to Steve across from him, seeing that his friend had his head down, not looking at anyone. Whatever he had read, it seemed as though it wasn't good.

'We're live in 5 people. Grab you shit and get going..'.. She called out, heading to the weapons hold... 'Hawk, I'm taking the spare. I need to keep my power, just in case. Buck, you got some spare guns for me?'

Bucky turned his head, seeing her at the weapons bench, filling a quiver and pulling out a bow... 'Uh, yeah. You sure you got room for these? You look like you're about to march into war by yourself..'