Seventeen

They all had their parts in the plan, and Lia was nervous, hoping she wouldn't mess up. She was sure Capsicle would use it against her if she did.

Keeping steady on position next to Clint, as Nat drove, the two of them took out as many of the Hydra soldiers as they could with their arrows. She used her power to create a replica of Clints bow and quiver.

'27 Hawk, what about you?'... She calls, taking out another. She added her power to help guide her arrows.

'32! I'm impressed, you're doing good!'... He called back, releasing another arrow.

'Focus now, flirt later!'... She heard Cap down the comm. She stiffled a laugh, holding her tongue. She wanted to throw back a sarcastic comment but knew that they had to keep focused.

Nat took a sharp right, slamming on the breaks. She jumped from the vehicle at the same time as the others, over the barrier.

Hitting the ground, she rolled to her feet and used her power to make the bow and quiver disappear. Grabbing her batons from her thighs, she ran forward, fighting against the soldiers. She stayed close to Nat and Clint, listening out to the others through the comm.

'SHIT!..'... She heard Tony cuss.

'Language..'.. Capsicle scolded and she couldn't help but snort in response. She had said worse, but Tony gets told off over one word... 'Jarvis, what's the view from upstairs?'... He asks.

'The central building is protected by some kind of energy shield. Struckers technology is well beyond any other Hydra base we've taken'...

'Lokis scepter must be here. Strucker couldn't mount this defense without it. At long last..'.. She heard Thor, as her and the other two split up. Lia ran ahead fighting, using her power when needed.

'At long last, is lasting a little long boys..'.. Nat said, causing her to giggle and agree with her. She slid, taking out the legs of a soldier. When he hit the ground, she smacked him around the face with a baton, knocking him out.

'Yeah, I think we lost the element of surprise..'.. She heard Clint pant out.

She takes out three more as they come for her. Conserving her power, she clicks her batons together, using the staff, to fight.

'Wait a second. No one else is gonna deal with the fact that Cap said, Language?'... Lia chuckled at Tony.

'I know..'.. She heard the snowflake sigh, exasperated... 'Just slipped out..'

'Is that your excuse with all the girls frosty?'... She quips, spotting him up ahead. She heard the others snigger down the comm. She kept fighting, making her way closer to the base.

'Sir, the city is taking fire..'...

'Well, we know Struckers not gonna worry about civilian casualties. Send in the Iron Legion..'.. She heard Tony issue the command to Jarvis.

Just as she caught a breather, she ran up to Capsicle, but got knocked off her feet. Laying on her back, on the ground, she tried to catch her breath... 'What the fuck was that!..'

'We have an enhanced in the field..'.. She heard him say as he ran over to her. She looked up, seeing him scowl at her.

'Clints hit!..'.. Nat called out through the comm. Lia growled out in anger and flipped up onto her feet.

'That's it, I'm pissed!..'.. She stalked past Cap, ignoring him. She could hear him follow after her, but she didn't care. Using her power, she created stone blades from the ground and threw them out at every solider she found.

'Stark, we really need to get inside..'.. Caps voice rang in her ear. She could hear fighting behind her, so she turned her head, and seeing the icy fossil fighting 5 guys at once. She flicked the last of the blades at them, knowing they would hit their targets, and continued heading for the base.

She could hear the others over the comm, but she tuned them out. She didn't know if what she had just thought would work, but she wanted to try. Seeing the building through the trees in front of her, she pushed all her anger into her power and slammed her hands to the ground. She focused on the shield around the base, taking it down.

'Uh, was that me?'... Steve heard Tony ask, as the shield came down. He had felt a tremor in the ground beneath him,  and looking around, he spotted her up ahead, swaying as she stood.

'Think that was your sister..'.. He said, jogging over to her.

Lia shook her head, trying to clear it. She felt completely drained, rocking as she stood back up. Hearing footsteps, she turned, stumbling slightly as she got her balance. Ignoring the voices in her ear, she frowned, focusing her vision as Cap came closer.

Steve got a couple of feet from her, when he saw her look past him, her eyes going wide. He felt himself get thrown to the side, as she got hit and fell backwards to the ground. Rolling quickly to his feet, he threw his shield, knocking the soldier unconscious.

He caught the shield as it came back and rushed over to her. Dropping to his knees, he saw that she was hit in the chest, above her heart. He saw that she was struggling to breathe, and he began to panic.

'Thor, need you over here, now!..'.. He shouted out, applying pressure to her wound. She was coughing, trying to pull his hands away.

Thor landed next to them, seeing her hurt. He watched as she ripped the Captains hands off her and put her right hand above her wound. She cried out as she used her power to pull the bullet out, throwing it to the side. She put a finger to her lips, and tapped her ear, shaking her head.

Steve caught onto what she was trying to say and nodded. He whispered to Thor to get her back to the jet, and fast. Thor did as he was asked, and he set her down inside the jet. She pushed him back towards the ramp, mouthing the word 'Go' with a nod.

Once he was gone, she stumbled around for supplies to fix herself up. She was angry with how stupid she had been, she had messed up. Carefully removing the top of her suit, pulling it down to her waist, she began to clean herself up, listening to the others.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Once she was finished with herself, she began to set up the table and tray, ready for when Thor brought Clint back. It was only a few more minutes, when they landed back, and Thor brought Clint into her... 'Put him on the table..'

Thor did as she asked and stepped back... 'Are you alright?'... He gestured to her.

She looked down at herself, knowing she hadn't pulled the top of her suit back on. She was thankful she decided to wear a sports bra underneath... 'I'm fine Thor. But this guy..'.. She sighed, drawing some morphine for Clint... 'Think he needs to practice more. His aim is slipping..'

Clint chuckled through the pain as she started working on him... 'Nothing wrong with my aim. What about you?'... He sees her injury.

She put a finger to her lips and shook her head... 'I'm fine bridman. Let's get you taken care of before they come back..'... She gave him a smile.

😘