Fifty

Lia felt content, snuggled up with him, as the movie played. She wasn't really watching, as her thoughts kept swirling around her head. She wanted to say everything, but she worried that he would shut her down again.

'Can we talk?'... She tilted her head up from his chest, looking at him. He nodded at her, and they both moved to sit up. She crossed her legs, placing her hands in her lap... 'I know you said I have nothing to be sorry for, but I do. That night, I panicked. I know you loved Peggy, and you still probably do. It's just..'.. She sighed... 'I know I'll never measure up to her, and that you'll never love me, like I love you. I'm ok with that, I'd rather be in your life, than not at all. I know this isn't what we thought would happen..'.. She places her hands on her stomach.

'I know I didn't think it would. I'm not saying that I don't love our baby, I do, more than anything. I don't ever want you to think I trapped you in this..'... She dropped her hands again, taking a shaly breath... 'I promise you I didn't. I got scared those first few weeks, and I had already spoken to Shuri about coming back, and I panicked, blacked out. That's when she ran tests and found I was pregnant. I got scared again. I didn't know what to do, and I just kept running. Not from you, not from our baby, but from my fears. I was afraid of how'd you react, afraid that you'd find someone else..'

She sniffled, her head hanging down... 'Afraid that you'd hate me. It took me some time, to push past it all, to be here. And I understand if this isn't really what you'd want. I don't want to leave again, I want to be here, with you..'

Steve could see and hear the pain in her. He waited until she finished, knowing how hard it was for her to talk about it all... 'There's one other thing, and I know this will make you angry..'.. She looked up at him... 'Hydra knows. I don't know how they know, but they do. They know about me, and that we slept together and got pregnant. They're after me and our baby. The only ones who know about this, are everyone here, in Wakanda and in Asgard. I've already checked out Wakanda, it didn't come from there. And no one on Asgard aside from Thor and loki come to earth...'

Tears began to fall, and she wiped her face... 'Whoever it was, it was someone from here. I don't know who to trust..'

She was right, he was angry, but not at her. He reached out, gently pulling her into his lap and held her... 'I understand sweetheart. I'm not angry or mad at you for leaving, I'm angry at myself for scaring you, and making you leave. I never wanted that. Trust me, the girls all gave me a talking to about what happened..'.. He heard her chuckle... 'I've never stopped looking for you. Not once. Even on missions, I'd be looking for you. I know you've always protected me, and I would keep watch, if you were there..'

He sighed, hoping she would really listen... 'And you're right, I did love Peggy, past tense. There is nothing for you to measure up to, because you are so much more than she ever was. I loved her, because she saw me as a man, an equal. All we ever shared was a kiss. But you..'

He leaned back to look at her... 'You I'd share everything with. You see me, the real me, not as the man everyone thinks I should be. Sam said before, the night Ultron first attacked, that being with someone who challenges you-..'

'I heard it..'.. She smiled up at him.

Steve smirked down at her... 'Super hearing. Forgot you're better than me. But he was right. You do challenge me, fight with and for me. I've never had anyone do that. I do love you Lia, and I'll spend forever proving that to you, if you'll let me. I need you..'

She lost the battle and fresh tears fell. She saw it, in his eyes, he really did love her. She slipped a hand behind his neck,  pulling in for a kiss. She felt his hands tighten on her as he laid her back.

She looked up at him, a slow grin spreading across her face... 'I do believe that we have some other, unfinished business..'

He kissed her lightly and pulled back... 'I guess we'll just have to take our time, soft..'.. He ran his free hand up under her shirt, his fingers lightly grazing her skin, making her moan... 'And gentle..'.. He leaned in to whisper in her ear, before nipping at her weak spot on her neck.

Lia bit her lip, feeling as though she would explode from his touch alone... 'Captain, I need you, now..'.. She pulled him back to her mouth, kissing his with as much desire as she could, wrapping a leg around him to pull him closer... 'Just so you know, my hormones are going crazy, and I'm horny all the time..'

Steve chuckled as he sat up to take his shirt off. He took the bottom of hers, and ripped it. The look of shock mixed with desire in her eyes, only fed into his. He leaned over her, grinning wickedly... 'Sweeheart, I plan on taking full advantage of that..'... He removed her leggings, and underwear, trailing kisses down her body, right to her core.

------------------------------------------------------------

She left the compound, heading out to head to a private meeting. She smiled, knowing that they were now closer. Getting into her car, she drove off, and down the streets, heading for the bar. It didn't take long for her to reach it, and she pulled up, leaving her phone in the glove compartment. Grabbing her purse and keys, she got out, and headed into the bar.

She saw it was busy, and was thankful as no one would really notice her. Nodding to the barman, she headed for the back room, down the hallway.

She knocked twice, before hearing a voice telling her to enter. She walked in, smiling at the man, sat behind the desk. Everyone thought he was dead, but she was thankful he was still alive. She took a seat in front of the desk, sitting back as she looked at the other 3 men in the room.

'I have news..'.. She grinned, taking the glass of bourbon that was offered to her... 'She's back at the compound. Though her powers have grown. Would you like me to remain and keep watch, or would you like me to bring her in?'... She sipped her drink.

The man sat forward, smiling... 'We need her blood first. We have to know what her powers are, and a way to control them. When the time is right, then we'll bring her in...'.. He picked up his glass taking a sip... 'And the witch? Is she still unable to read you?'

'She can't no. The device helps..'.. She tapped her necklace... 'It seems to be jamming her. Though she is training to expand her powers, so far, no one is suspicious of me'

'Good. Remain there for now, but find a way to get a sample of her blood. If she really is the key, then we can continue our work..'.. He sat back, watching the young woman... 'Good work my dear..'

She raised her glass, swing at him... 'Anything for you father. Hail Hydra'

😘