Twelve

Later the following day, Lia was sat in the main room, reading a book when she heard the jet land. She threw her book down, excited to see who was back... 'Jarvis, who's back?'

'Agents Romanoff and Barton have returned Miss Lia..'..

'Are they ok?'... She asks, worried.

'Minor abrasions sustained. They are heading to meeting room 2 with Sir'..

Lia got up, and headed to the elevator. She wanted to see with her own eyes that they were ok.  The doors opened, and Cap was in there. He gave her a scowl as she stepped in... 'Afternoon Capsicle..'

He said nothing to her as they rode the elevator up a few floors. He stepped passed her, as soon as the doors opened, he was out... 'Damn, he's colder than a cadaver'... She muttered, getting out. She headed to the right meeting room, hearing voices as she got closer.

'She has to go Tony! She doesn't belong here. She's not one of us, and she's not an agent. She doesn't have clearence'... She knew that was the Captain. She leaned against the wall outside the room, waiting to hear how that conversation was going.

'I already told you Rogers, it'll be her. If you don't like it, there's the door. Or if you prefer, the window, I don't care which one you pick..'.. Lia covered her mouth, and stiffled a giggle. Tony's response surprised her, she thought he would pick the team.

'Sit down and shut up. Romanoff and Barton wanted a meeting, and I got shit to do..'.. She could hear the irk in Tony. Clearly Cap was pissing him off, she didn't come here to cause problems. But she wasn't going to change who she was, just to please someone else.

She made herself invisible and slipped into the room, before Cap slammed the door shut. She quietly made her way to the corner, and stood there listening. She didn't really understand half of what was said, but she got the gist of it.

Someone had taken something, a scepter and it was missing. Hydra had hold of it, and they needed to find out where. Tony had sent a message, requesting for Bucky and Sam to return, and for Jarvis to get a hold of someone called Jane Foster, to tell Thor he was needed.

The others left the room, leaving Tony sat there. He was looking at his device, and sighed... 'If you wanted to sit in on the meeting, you could've just asked..'..

She didn't know how he knew she was there, but she dropped her focus, and came to sit opposite him... 'How'd you know?'

'I have Jarvis alert me of your heat signature. Wasn't that hard to figure out you'd want to be here..'... He shrugged, smiling at her.

'I'm not here to cause problems Tony. If it's an issue, I'll leave. This is your team, your family, I won't get in the way'... She sighed, sitting back.

'No. Rogers can get over it. This is my tower, my rules. And you're my sister, so you come above all of that. If he doesn't like it, he can find somewhere else to go..'.. He looked across at her, raising an eyebrow smirking at her... 'Could do with your help on this one'

'What? You want me on a mission?'... That definitely wasn't something she was expecting.

'Fury will have to know about you, get you cleared but yeah. We could do with your help. You can fight, and your power. Besides..'.. He got up, holding a hand out to her... 'I already made you a suit. Should be finished within an hour'