Twenty-Eight

Steve walked right into the lab with the twins behind him, seeing that Wanda was right. Tony would try to make things right. He couldn't believe how stupid Stark was being.

'I'm only going to say this once..'.. He looks between Tony and Bruce.

'How about n-once?'... Tony shot back, as he kept working.

'Shut it down..'.. Steve steps forward.

'Nope, not gonna happen..'.. Tony moves around, not really listening.

'You don't know what you're doing..'.. Steve tells them, taking a stance.

'And you do?..'.. Steve looks over at Bruce, seeing anger in his face... 'She's not in your head?..'.. He gestures to Wanda.

'I know you're angry, but-..'.. She steps forward.

'Oh were way past that. I could choke the life out of you and never change a shade..'.. Bruce stares her down.

'Banner, after everything that's happened-..'.. Steve walks forward..

'Its nothing compared to what's coming!..'.. Tony raised his voice at Steve.

They all argued, and Pietro decided to out an end to it. He zipped around the room, unplugging everything... 'No, no. Go on. You were saying?'... He hears a gunshot, and sees a bullet moving upwards in front of him. Not a second later, he falls through the glass, landing on his back.

Clint pins him down, by his leg, smirking at him... 'What? You didn't see that coming?'

Steve watches as machines start to beep, and Tony spins, trying to work. He throws his shield, smashing the monitors, and Tony summons a suit glove, blasting him back.

Steve gets to his feet, and begins to fight Tony, as more of his suit attaches to him. Tony uses the chest reactor, and blast Steve through a window, into the next lab. He gets up, just as he sees Thor come in, jumping onto the cradle.

They all watch as Thor summons lightening, and sending it into the cradle, overloading it. Seconds later, it bursts open, throwing Thor back as the body emerges. It flies towards Thor, who throws it through the glass windows, out to the main floor.

They all rush out, seeing it float, staring out over the city. Steve waits, watching it. It eventually comes down, after creating a suit, and then a cape for itself.

'Thor, you helped create this?'... Steve asks, not taking his eyes of the thing.

'I've had a vision. A whirlpool that sucks in all hope of life, and at its center is that..'... He points to the gem in the beings head. Steve continues to listen as Thor and the others speak... 'The Avengers cannot defeat Ultron..'... Thor tells them all.

'Not alone..'.. The being says, looking around.

Steve takes a few steps forward, as the being walks around... 'Why does your vision sound like Jarvis?'

'We reconfigured Jarvis matrix, to create something new..'.. Tony takes a step closer to the being.

'I think I've had my fill of new..'.. Steve sighs, unsure of what to make of this.

'You think I'm a child of Ultron...'.. It says, as it faces Steve.

'You're not?'... He asks, remaining cautious. Steve didn't trust it.