Forty-Six

The two of them had returned back to the compound, both frustrated and worried. They knew that Shuri was feeling guilty for her part in what had happened, and she had not heard from Lia in the days that had followed. It had been almost a week, and no one they knew of, had heard from Lia. It was as though, she had completely disappeared.

Steve was letting his anger, frustration and pain out in the gym. His mind kept running through everything. He was angry at her, for hiding this from him, he didn't know if he would ever see her again, or meet their child. His hits to the bags got stronger, and faster, growling in anger as memories flashed though him.

'Steve you need to stop..'.. He closed his eyes, grabbing he bag and putting his forehead to it.

'I can't Buck. I don't know what to do..'.. He turned, walking to the bench where his bag was, and began to unwrap his hands... 'I fucked up, and this is all my fault. I treated her like shit, and she still loved me, saved me. I don't deserve her, I don't deserve either of them..'

'Uh, rewind a minute...'.. Steve looked over at Bucky, seeing shock on his face... 'You swore. You never use than language. You tell us all off sometimes for it..'.. Steve huffed a chuckle.

He looked back down at his hands, unwrapping the other one... 'What can I say, she's been a bad influence on me..'

Bucky saw the little smile on his friends face. He thought back over it. Since Steve and Lia had slept together, Steve had began to relax more, he wasn't so rigid. In fact, Steve had joked more, teased and laughed more too. Bucky shook his head, he really wanted to find Lia. She had to know how much of an impact she had on his best friend.

'I wish I had a camera and recorded that. The others would never believe me..'.. Bucky sighed, folding his arms.

Steve glanced at his friend, seeing a slight pout, and he laughed, stuffing his wraps in his bag and picking it up. He walked over to Bucky, clapping him on the back... 'If it makes you feel any better,  I'll call one of them an asshole..'

Bucky burst out laughing, as they headed out of the gym, and headed to the main room... 'Tony, please let it be Tony. I'll have my phone ready to record it..'

The two of them laughed, heading back to the main room where the others were, when they stopped. Steve knew that sound, as the ground shook slightly, he knew exactly what that was. He looked to Bucky... 'That was Thor. He's back, come on..'... The two ran the rest of the way, skidding to a stop as they entered to room, seeing Thor stood there, with Loki.

Steve dropped his bag, and strode over, wondering why the hell Loki was there... 'Want to tell us where the hell you've been? 6 months Thor. You don't even know what's been going on..'

'Actually Captain, we do..'.. Steve's scowl turned to the god of mischief, glaring at him, as Loki smiled back... 'She is on Asgard. Has been flitting between here and our world...'

Steve took a step forward, looking between the two men... 'What the fuck, is going on? You better tell me now..'

Loki just grinned at the Captain... 'My my. You give her a child, and she gives you a personality. It's good to see the real you Captain, the old one was quite dull..'

Bucky knew of Loki, but couldn't help but snigger, seeing everyone shocked that Steve just swore, and Lokis quip back... 'You two just want to tell us, before Steve pops an aneurysm..'