45

- For anybody wondering, Soojin was my sister. Our father killed her when she was 12. -

Changbin said coldly, a few of the guys gulping and shifting nervously in their seats.

- My mom was devastated by the loss, and I couldn't bear seeing her like that. I started doing cocaine at 14, when my father was finally jailed and I realized I wouldn't have seen my sister ever again. -

I scanned the room, a few guys clearly holding back tears in spite of Changbin's emotionless tale.

- I'm sorry, Changbin... - Jisung muttered out, sniffling.

- I'm not done, Jisung. - The older said coldly, standing up and walking towards the mirror in front of his bed. - Last year, my mother remarried to my stepfather. He's an engineer, and has worked on some important projects. -

He stared at the floor, arms crossed over his chest, contemplating on wether to continue. He sighed, lifting his gaze back up.

- And you know that wherever there's lots of money, there's also mafia. - He turned towards the mirror, starting to lift it off the wall carefully. - They contacted me, offering some help in case of fights, which I needed at the time. They wanted me to deal drugs, and I accepted. -

He completely removed the mirror from the wall, revealing a big hole in it. Inside it, there were drugs wrapped up in plastic bags and foil, all carefully stacked and divided by weight.

Chan stood up, running out of the room, slamming the door shut.

- Someone bring him back here. - Changbin sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose before putting the mirror back up on the wall.

My eyebrows furrowed as I stared at the mirror, remembering what he had told me the first time I noticed it.

"That's the only reason why I put it there" my ass. I tapped my fingers on the chair, trying to breathe in and out slowly to calm my anger.

I could understand why he had done many things, from the bullying to the cocaine, but not the drug dealing.

I sighed, trying to push away those thoughts.

Chan made his way back inside the room escorted by Felix. The oldest's cheeks were red and stained by tears, eyes puffy and red as well.

Changbin opened his mouth to speak, but Chan spoke first.

- Save it, Changbin. You'd do much better if you shut your mouth right now before I fucking punch you. -

To say that Chan was fuming would be reductive. Everybody in the room was scared of him, avoiding to look at them both as they treated each other like strangers.

- I thought I knew you. - Chan said, fighting back tears. - I fucking thought I knew my best friend! - He repeated, busting out crying, digging his face on Felix's shoulder, the younger comforting him as much as possible.

Changbin was at a loss for words. He stared at the rest of the guys, sighing and shaking his head before leaving the room.

- I'll be downstairs. I'm sorry I did everything I've done. -

He gently shut the door, the sound of his steps fading away.

- Did you know? - Chan asked me feebly, his voice breaking. - You seem quite unfazed. - He noted, already knowing the answer to his question.

I limited myself to a quick nod, lowering my head as if I was as guilty as Changbin.

- He told me when I saw the four men he had sent to beat Hongjoong, who had bullied me. - I stared at my lap, nervously fidgeting with my fingers.

- And what about Soojin? - Jisung asked. - Did you know about her as well? -

Once again, I nodded, sighing before speaking.

- I lost my mom in May, and I told him. He told me everything about Soojin, probably feeling understood. -

Silence fell upon the room, everybody deep in their own thoughts.

- I don't blame him, though. - Hyunjin suddenly spoke for the first time ever since we had set foot inside the house.

He started stuttering once he felt everybody's piercing gaze on him.

- I-I mean, I don't know what I would have done if my father killed my sister. I understand why he has always had anger issues, why he has always gotten into fights ever since I can remember. - He looked around him, searching for support, which he found in Seungmin, Felix and Minho.

- But the drug dealing for the mafia? That's fucked up, Hyunjin. - Jisung commented, whispering.

- You don't know how they asked him. They might have threatened him for all we know. After all, don't they know who his family is if his stepfather has worked in a project where the mafia was involved? - Hyunjin put it simply like that.

And honestly, it made sense.

What if Changbin had really been forced to do it? He was just 17 when it all started, and what better target for a heartless gang than a teenager with a dead sister and a jailed father?

Most of us sighed at Hyunjin's point, Chan raising his head from Felix's shoulder.

- I understand, but it's gonna take me a while to process everything. - He stated, all of us nodding in agreement.

He walked to the door and outside of the room, the rest of us following him.

Changbin was sitting on the couch, typing on his phone. Once he heard our steps his head shot up, throwing his phone away to have all of his attention on us.

For the countless time that day, he was silenced before he could even speak.

- No, let me talk first. - Chan held his finger up, warning the younger who stood in front of him. - I understand, but you need to give me time. And I want you to know that it's never gonna be like it was before. -

Changbin nodded aggressively, letting out an exhale of relief.

- I am sorry for all I did, and mostly I'm sorry for hiding it to you. Thank you for sticking up with me. - He smiled faintly, Jisung being the first to walk towards him and engulf him in a hug.

Changbin was taken aback, but soon reciprocated the gesture, the rest of the guys following suit, joining the huge group hug.

- We love you regardless, hyung. - Hyunjin stated, Seungmin glaring at him.

Hyunjin chuckled, immediately correcting himself.

- Well, I'm never gonna love you as much as I love Seungmin, but you get the point. -

They all giggled, relieved for having talked it through.

Changbin's mom made her entrance in the living room from the kitchen, a bright smile on her face.

- Do you guys want to stay for dinner? -

Everybody nodded, Jeongin being a little bit too excited.

- Can we get pizza? -

Changbin's mom chuckled amusedly, nodding before calling the pizza place.