21

We both stretched our arms, groaning and glancing at the clock.

- I'm sorry for having stayed so long, it's so late... - I pouted, noticing it was already midnight.

- It's okay, don't worry. At least we caught up with all the work you had lost. - He said, faintly smiling and patting my side, signaling me to stand so that he could stretch his legs.

I did as he asked, and he was quick in stretching out his muscles. His sleeves and pants threatened of being tore open, the stitches holding onto dear life to remain attached to the fabric.

For some reason, my mind decided to replay the image of him, hovering over me on the bed, grinding his hips into my thigh and sucking my earlobe.

My limbs heated up, my heartbeat quickening its pace.

- What are you staring at? - He smirked, noticing I had been staring at his body a bit too long.

I cleared my throat, turning away to hide my embarrassed blush.

- I'm sorry, I was thinking. -

- Thinking about what? - He stood up to make his way towards me, the smirk not leaving his lips.

- Not what you're thinking about! - I replied quickly.

It was a big lie.

The sexual tension in the room was palpable, so thick it could be cut with a knife.

He held me by the hips, forcing me to turn and face him.

- If you want to do it, I'm down. - He said, his mouth making its way to play with my earlobes again, leaving soft kisses on my neck and jaw.

I froze on the spot, I couldn't mutter a word. My limbs stiffened, my voice stuck in the back of my throat.

- C-Changbin, please, no... - I took a step back, separating myself from his body.

I felt weak and insecure, more fragile and powerless than a leaf battling against the strongest of the winds.

It was wrong.

He looked at me with concern, his hands immediately going to hide inside his pockets as he rocked himself back and forth on his heels.

- I'm sorry. - He looked down at the floor, exhaling deeply.

- N-No, I-I mean... it was good, but I'm not... - I tried so hard to hide my blush behind my hands. - I'm not ready. -

I looked at him with moist eyes, smiling faintly. For some reason, a lump formed in my throat.

It was so hard for me to admit that I had never had sex in my life, but it was even harder to admit it in front of him.

He made me feel so tiny and fragile that every emotion doubled in intensity whenever he was around me.

- Oh... I'm sorry, I didn't know you were a virgin. - He said, looking up slowly to meet my eyes.

I sighed, scratching the back of my neck nervously.

- I should probably go home anyway... - I was hoping I could run out of that house as soon as possible, just so that the weird feeling I had inside me would disappear.

- Y-Yeah, right, sorry. - He snapped back, grabbing his coat and car keys and standing in front of the door, waiting for me. - Don't forget your homework. I wouldn't be nice if you left it here after three hours of hard work. - He smiled, pushing the door open and letting me walk through it first, then leading the way outside.

The car ride was silent, an overall awkward atmosphere surrounding us.

He parked right in front of my building, then getting out of the car with me.

- What are you doing? - I asked, confused at why he wouldn't stay in the car.

- I'm accompanying you inside. - He explained, pushing the door of the building open. - I don't like your father. -

He walked up the stairs, my insecure figure struggling to keep up with his pace.

I stumbled with my keys, trying to open the door. I was incredibly nervous, all my muscles tense, thinking of all my father's possible reactions to seeing Changbin.

Finally, I managed to open the door.

Surely enough, my father was slumped on the couch, a soju bottle in his hands, half asleep.

He got startled at the sound of the door closing, sitting up on the couch and squinting his eyes to make out our two figures standing at the entrance.

- Who is he? - His voice was raspy and his tone aggressive, making me slightly flinch.

Changbin noticed, placing a hand on my waist, drawing soothing circles with his thumb, a comforting warmth spreading through my body.

- H-He's a friend, he accompanied me home. -

- You can't bring guys home to fuck. - My father said aggressively.

- I'm not here to fuck. - Changbin growled in response, slightly dragging me closer to him.

- Your mother would be so disappointed to see how you've turned out, Jiho. - He took a few steps towards us, Changbin immediately putting himself between me and him.

- Sit down. - He warned, glaring at him.

- You must leave. - My father harshly grabbed Changbin by the shoulder to push him away, but my friend was quick in reacting.

He threw a punch at his stomach, my dad contorting in pain, while Changbin pushed him back on the couch.

- I said sit down. - With one last push, Changbin ensured my father wouldn't have stood up from the couch again in fear, escorting me to my room soon after.

- Lock yourself inside. If he bothers you again you can call me and I'll come. - He handed me a piece of paper where he had scribbled a few numbers, probably his phone number.

- Thank you, Changbin. - I faintly smiled before engulfing him in a tight hug, a few tears trailing down my cheek.

He had made me feel safe like I hadn't felt in months, and I was infinitely grateful to him for that.

He was taken aback, but soon hugged back, warming up my trembling body. I was exhausted to say the least, but he gave me strength in a sense. Now that he was with me, I wasn't fearful of anything, I could enjoy a peaceful and normal life.

His hands caressed my back, his head resting on mine. The only noise which could be heard was that of our breaths, and I wouldn't have wanted it any other way.

- I'm gonna go now, I'll pick you up tomorrow morning at 7. - He parted, caressing my hair and smiling shyly.

I nodded, thanking him one last time before locking my door and throwing myself on my bed.

I was exhausted from the long day, but I felt safe.