11

I sat down at the table where Felix, Seungmin and Jeongin were looking around, hoping to see my figure.

- Where were you? - Felix worriedly asked as soon as he spotted me.

- Hm, I didn't feel like going to the first two periods. - I lied for the countless time ever since the beginning of the school year.

Every time I would skip school, I would never tell them the true reason, not wanting them to worry for me. Instead, I would say that I had to run errands, or that I had been called in to work extra time.

Lies. All lies that I kept on telling them, hoping they would believe them and never bring up the topic again.

- Bullshit. The teacher told us you were at the nurse's office. - Seungmin called me out, glaring at me as he munched on some chips.

The sight of food made me remember of those money I had pocketed.

- Felix, can you please buy something for me? - I asked the Australian, pleading him with puppy eyes, even though there was no need. Felix would have done anything I would have asked him without even thinking twice.

He took the money, standing up before glaring at me and making his way towards the line to buy food.

- I wasn't feeling too well, actually. I was feeling a little dizzy. - Another lie, but this time closer to the truth.

- Hey, skinny! - A voice called out for me, one that I hated.

- Don't call her like that, Changbin. - Seungmin glared at the older, who was now making his way towards us.

- Or else? - Changbin squinted his eyes, trying to intimidate the junior.

- Or else you can tell Hyunjin he'll never see me again. - Seungmin subtly pointed at the painter, who was peacefully sat at the table with his friends, sketching something.

Changbin grunted, turning to me.

- Mrs. Jung said I will be the one tutoring you, since you missed today's class and last week as well. -

I almost choked on my own saliva.

Changbin tutoring me.

A nightmare.

- You can't tutor me, I work every day until 8pm. - I stared at my phone in front of me, acting uninterested as he made his way to the side of the table opposite to me.

- It was not a question, Jiho. I am tutoring you, whether you want it or not. - He glared at me, his hands turning into angry fists.

- Why do you want to tutor me so badly? What's in for you? - I accepted the staring contest.

- Meet me outside right after school. - He said, nonchalantly avoiding my question as he walked back to his table. - And don't you ever dare stand me up again. -

And with that last glare, he sat down at his own table, joining a conversation Jisung and Chan were having as if nothing happened.

I wanted to yell at him that I had to work and "sadly" couldn't hang out with him wherever he wanted to go, but I knew it would have been to no use. Changbin was also a stubborn one.

Felix finally joined us, carrying a tray full of food.

- What happened? - He asked, turning to Changbin's table with a questioning look.

We all shrugged our shoulders, not wanting to talk about it. I was already mad, there was no need to talk of it further.

- We hate Seo Changbin. - Jeongin simply stated, taking a bite of his sandwich.

- And that we knew. - Felix placed my tray in front of me, my mouth drooling at the sight. I hadn't see that much food in months. I immediately dug in, feeling my stomach stretch to the fullest bite after bite.

I missed the feeling of being full.

Everything tasted delicious, the best thing I had ever eaten.

I mentally thanked again that nurse.

She had probably saved my life.

As the final bell of the day rang, I threw my bag on my back, starting to drag my feet towards the exit. Eating so much after such a long time had me incredibly sleepy, not to talk of my muscles, still sore from the morning.

When I arrived at the entrance door, I stood still for a while, debating on whether I should have met up with Changbin. He knew I had to work, so why wanting to meet me anyway?

The desire to stand him up again was very prominent.

I started to walk away, deciding to get out from a side door, when a hand grabbed me by my arm and forcefully dragged me outside to the parking lot.

- I know you would have tried to do that, Jiho. Now get in. - Changbin had trapped me against his car, my back pressed against the cold metal.

- This is kidnapping. - I crossed my arms, glaring at him for the hundredth time that day.

- This is me trying to help. - He let go of my arm, staring back at me. - Now get in before I force you to. -

I sighed, opening the car door and getting into the passenger seat.

- Hurry up because I need to be at work in 30 minutes. - I observed his obvious smirk as he made his way to the driver's side, immediately starting the car and getting out of the parking lot.