4

We all gathered back into class, Seungmin and Felix clinging onto me as usual.

- You know, I've thought about it. I'll accept Hyunjin's request to get to know me only if he promises me Chan will ask you out. - Seungmin casually stated, swinging his legs back and forth while he sat on the desk, waiting for class to start.

Felix almost choked on his own saliva, his skin flushing red as he stuttered a reply.

- W-Why would you do that? - He took a sip of his water, trying to calm himself down.

- Because I'm fucking tired of hearing you rant about Chan! - Seungmin said, a little too loudly.

All color left Felix's face when said guy walked into class, followed by his group of friends.

- What about me? - Chan asked, taking a seat at the front of class.

- Nothing, I was just telling Felix about your solo in band. - If there's one thing Seungmin's good at doing is lying.

He would shrug his shoulders, sounding so casual that it was impossible to tell whether he was saying the truth or not, and his ability came out in handy in situations like these.

Felix hid his face in his hands from embarrassment, while I held back a chuckle.

- Felix? I like that name, it doesn't sound Korean! - Chan noted, making his way towards us.

I could tell Felix was becoming a blushing mess the more Chan got closer. The older stopped right next to his desk, hands in his pockets.

- Because it's not. He's from Australia. - I noted, forcing Felix to straighten his back with a subtle kick at his leg.

- No way mate, I'm from Australia as well! - Chan smiled brightly, only making Felix blush even harder.

The older held out his hand, expecting Felix to shake it.

- Nice to meet you by the way. I'm Chan. -

Felix shakily took the other's hand, trying to calm himself down as he held back a smile.

- I-I know. I'm Felix, nice to meet you. If you don't like my Australian name you can call me Yongbok... - The younger lowered his head, hoping so bad he could disappear.

- No, I love it, Felix! - Once again, Chan smiled brightly, revealing his dimples.

- Hey, loser, stop bothering my friend! - Changbin growled from the front of class, his eyes squinting in challenge.

I could see Chan slightly frown before he smiled feebly, walking back to his group.

- What to do you have to tell him anyway? You suck at school and at sports, I don't see how you could tell him anything of value. - Changbin added, staring right at me. - I'm only talking to you, Jiho. Felix and Seungmin at least are presentable and do well in school. What about you? From what I can remember, last year you skipped almost a whole month of classes. I still don't get why they didn't fail you. -

- Changbin, leave it. - Chan stated, forcing the younger to focus in front of him, where the teacher was making her way behind her desk.

Felix sighed, staring down at the papers scattered in front of him.

- He's a true bitch. - He said feebly.

- He's right. You guys shouldn't hang out with me. I only make you look bad. - I hid my head in my arms, sighing shakily, trying to hold back tears.

For how much I hated to admit it, Changbin was right. Ever since I had started to skip school because of my mother and father's issues, teachers had started to penalize Felix and Seungmin, because they would neglect their homework to keep me company and avoid me fall into further depression.

Changbin was right. Felix and Seungmin had been getting multiple hate comments from other students, only because they would hang out with me.

I felt a hand caress my shoulder, a soothing warmth spreading throughout my body. I lifted my head, wiping a single tear away. I was met with a bitterly smiling Felix, Seungmin standing next to him with the same bitter expression on his face.

- We stuck around you not because of pity, but because we are your friends and would do anything for you. So what if Mrs. Park fails us, or if Mr. Kim yells at us for not handing in homework in time? At least we are together and love each other. -

I kept on staring in front of me with empty eyes, pure sadness and guilt taking over me.

I simply nodded, just wanting to drop the topic and hoping the two would get the hint.

Thankfully, they did, both of them sitting at their desk and taking out the books as class started.