3

- I swear I can't stand that man anymore! - Seungmin stated while getting out of the boys' bathroom, where Felix and I were waiting for him.

- What did he do this time? - Felix groaned while rolling his eyes, throwing his bag over his shoulder as we started walking towards the cafeteria.

- He left a note on my locker saying "I want to get to know you better, pretty"! And I know it's just his way of making his way inside my pants! - The younger scoffed, accelerating his pace.

- Well, you must admit that Hyunjin is very handsome and has multiple admirers, so why don't give it a shot? - Felix smirked teasingly, only earning an elbow right on his ribs.

- That's exactly the reason! - Seungmin whisper-yelled as we entered the cafeteria, not wanting to be heard by everybody. - God only knows how many people he has fucked! I would rather die than being the last name on that list! -

He made a disgusted look while we sat at the table, too big for only the three of us.

I stared at my two friends as they unwrapped their lunch. My stomach contorted and burnt at the feeling of emptiness, but I tried to distract myself from it by taking out my phone, scrolling through social media.

- Jiho, do you want some? - Felix offered me a piece of his sandwich, but I shook my head.

Sometimes, a bite of something is worse than nothing. It only makes your hunger grow, and knowing you cannot satisfy it hurts even more.

- No, thanks. I'm good. I never eat at this time anyway. - I shrugged my shoulder, trying to sound as casual as possible.

Felix side-eyed me, but thankfully decided to drop the topic.

I lazily scanned my surroundings, only to notice the table where Chan, Minho, Changbin, Hyunjin and Jisung were sitting. They were whispering between themselves, cracking some joke every once in a while as they stole glances at our table.

I saw how they would sometimes elbow Hyunjin, saying things which would make him blush, or how they would tease Chan about something, earning the same flustered reaction every time.

My gaze crossed that of Changbin, sending shivers down my spine. His eyes were indecipherable and unreadable, able to make everybody nervous in just a second.

He was leaning on the table, arms crossed, which made his muscles pop out, his black t-shirt's short sleeves hanging onto dear life to wrap themselves around those arms.

To add to his already dark aura, he was wearing a full black outfit, with combat boots and cargo pants. His black hair fell onto his forehead, hiding it completely.

He took one last look at me before turning to Minho and continuing his conversation.

I turned back to my two friends, who were again talking of Felix's long time crush, the unproblematic senior Bang Chan. Having a golden heart, Felix could only fall for somebody of the same kind, and that person could only be Chan.

The fact that they were originally both from Australia only added to the chemistry, but the two had never talked to each other directly, and Seungmin wanted to change that.

The two were halfway through their lunch, as a guy approached us asking if he could take a seat at our table, a tray full of food in his hands.

We all nodded, making some space for him, since we had thrown our bags on the table and scattered our notes all over it.

He thanked us, immediately introducing himself.

Yang Jeongin, sophomore. He dreamt of becoming a singer, but his parents wanted him to study medicine to become a doctor. He had just moved from another side of Seoul, so he knew little to nothing of the school.

- We would be more than happy to show you through the school and help you with stuff! - Felix chirped, smiling from ear to ear and earning nods of approval from the rest of us.

Jeongin smiled in return, thanking us throughly.

- What about you guys show me the area around here? So that I know what I can do after school. -

The other two guys nodded, but I sighed.

- I have to work, but I'm sure we will find another day. - I smiled, looking down at the notes I had taken out, trying to study in the loud chatter of the cafeteria.

- Where do you work? We can visit you! - Jeongin smiled brightly, forcing me to answer to his question with a feeble grin in return.

- At the ice cream shop down the street. Felix and Seungmin know it. - I turned to my two friends, and they nodded happily.

- We can go there! - Seungmin finally stated, turning their idea into a settled plan.

- Amazing! Let's meet outside the library after school and then we can go from there! - They all cheered happily, ecstatic for having made a new friend already.

My heart ached a bit.

I knew how funny and joyful afternoon walks could be with Felix and Seungmin.

I was jealous, to a certain extent. I felt as if Jeongin was destined to take my spot in our friend group. He was now the one who would have heard all of Seungmin's jokes and all of Felix's rants about his crush.

I was jealous of their lives, which went smoothly and without any worry whatsoever.

As the bell rang, I groaned, throwing my bad over my shoulder and bidding my friends goodbye, walking to my following period.