34

It was the following day at school.

I walked inside, hand in hand with Changbin, a happy smile on both our faces as we talked to each other.

We walked to our group of friends, Jisung and Minho strangely being there as well. They usually stayed by themselves, preferring each other's company much more to ours.

- Look, Changbin, I managed to convince these two to join us! - Hyunjin happily clapped, pointing at the couple. - They we're making out on the roof, I had to forcefully drag them down here. - He giggled, making fun of them.

Minho rolled his eyes, pleading Jisung to run away, but the younger firmly held him in place by the arm.

- What is the occasion we're celebrating? Since we never see you besides at lunch. - Changbin asked unamusedly.

- Felix and Chan are officially dating! - Hyunjin smiled again, the couple in question blushing profusely.

- Y-Yeah, we kinda talked about it yesterday... - Chan spoke, but I was too busy forcing my mouth shut to listen to the rest of his words.

Finally, Felix had managed to date his forever crush. I couldn't believe, I was so shocked I couldn't mutter a word.

- Finally, my patience was starting to run thin with Felix always talking about you! - Jeongin said. He had probably been spending a little too much time with Seungmin, given his abrupt and sudden busts of sarcasm and savagery.

Everybody started laughing, while the younger Australian turned to Jeongin, threatening him with his dark voice tone.

- You better start running, because once I catch you, you are dead, Jeongin. -

The younger giggled while skipping towards his locker to grab his stuff, turning towards us just to see if Felix was indeed determined to run after him. Fortunately for him, he wasn't.

- So you got together yesterday? - Jisung asked.

The new couple nodded shyly, smiles on both of their faces.

- Finally, I couldn't stand us being the only gay couple here... - Jisung spoke, turning to look around him with annoyed eyes.

His gaze went to Minho right after, his eyes immediately getting softer.

Chan in the meantime was hugging Felix from behind, resting his head on the younger's shoulder, who in turn caressed his boyfriend's arms wrapped around his waist.

Chan snuggled a little bit more into Felix's crook of the neck, closing his eyes and relaxing into his warm touch.

They were the cutest sight.

On the other side, Jisung and Minho were snuggling, the younger attached to the older's arm as if he were a koala clinging onto the last tree of the forest.

Jisung's eyes would flutter every time Minho pecked his head or said sweet words, a cute, shy smile appearing every once in a while.

Next to them, Hyunjin and Seungmin were cutely holding hands, not minding the fact that their action could be easily mistaken for something much more than just friendship.

Hyunjin kept on admiring the younger with fond eyes, holding back smile after smile when Seungmin would reciprocate the gaze or the gentle touches on his arm.

I was too busy observing the others' cute actions that I barely even noticed Changbin's arm wrapping around my waist and dragging me closer. I leaned in, almost as if it was an instinct, resting my head on his chest while I silently listened to the conversation Jisung, Hyunjin and Felix were having.

In the meantime, Jeongin came back, holding his phone while giggling at somebody he was texting to.

- I like you, Felix, we should hang out more! - Jisung said with a gummy smile.

- We... We could hang out at my house. - I said feebly, turning to Changbin for approval.

He nodded, caressing my cheek while looking at me with a fond smile.

I turned immediately to the rest, almost forgetting to tell them one important thing.

- I was at the police yesterday, I turned my father in. - My tone got darker, but I still felt no regret for my actions.

The others didn't even try to fake surprised expressions.

- Yeah, we know... - Felix said, looking at the floor. - Voices spread fast. -

- I'm sorry I wasn't there when you did it. - Seungmin stated with a hint of sadness in his voice, followed by Felix and Jeongin nodding.

I shook my head in dismissal, smiling to reassure them.

- It's okay, Changbin's mother was there. - I looked up at Changbin, whose cheeks had slightly tinted red. - Anyway, we can go clean up my place tonight after work and get it ready before Friday so we can hang out! - I excitedly said to him.

- You know you don't need to work anymore, right? - Changbin observed, raising his eyebrows.

- I mean, I still need to pay the rent of the apartment... -

- ...or you can move in with me. -

All our friends suddenly quieted, staring at us with questioning looks.

- Are you two even together? - Minho asked while he gently squeezed his boyfriend's waist from behind him, head resting on the younger's shoulder.

There was a moment during which we all stared at each other while mine and Changbin's cheeks blushed red, embarrassment taking over.

- W-We... W-What... - He stuttered, while I froze in place.

I imagined how it felt to call him my boyfriend, how good I would have felt knowing I was his and his only. I imagined all the dates, the long nights together we could have spent, all the kisses and passionate moments.

Those thoughts only made me blush even more.

I slowly turned to him, locking gaze with him while we still held onto each other's hand.

- Are we...? - I feebly asked, my eyes looking up at his.

His lips broke into a cute smile, his brown irises admiring me fondly.

- We are. -

We both broke into a giggle, interrupted only by our lips smashing against each other in a warm and soft kiss.

- Did we just witness that? - Chan asked bewildered, everybody's mouth wide open in shock.

- I'm gonna need sanitizer to sanitize my eyes. - Seungmin suddenly said, everybody bursting out laughing, Changbin glaring at him.

- I'm gonna give you three seconds to run before I break your bones. - My now boyfriend stated in a growl, the bell ringing and saving Seungmin from sure death.

We all walked to our classes, Changbin's hand not leaving mine. My heart fluttered and skipped a beat every time he would rub my skin with his fingers or meet my gaze with the softest smile.

I felt at peace, everything was starting to feel normal, just how it was before my mom's death.

But as Felix said, voices spread fast.