43

Jiho POV

- Alright, who's next? - Chan asked after downing his drink along with most of us.

- I can go. - Hyunjin said, holding onto Seungmin's hand. - Never have I ever taken drugs. - He proudly said as he scanned the group of people around him.

Eventually, Changbin drank after a moment of hesitation. I glared at him, knowing damn well about his secret occupation as the drug dealer of his filthy rich neighborhood.

"Not anymore" he mouthed, trying to reassure me, but to no avail.

- I didn't know you did drugs, Changbin! - Hyunjin exclaimed, shocked.

- I used to, but I stopped. - My boyfriend didn't even dare to look at him as he replied. He instead frowned, looking into an unknown direction in front of him.

- What kind of drugs, hyung? - Jisung asked, looking at the older worriedly.

There were a few moments of silence during which all of us stared at him, waiting for an answer.

- Cocaine. -

We all froze in place, well aware of cocaine's destructive effects, not wanting to believe it.

All but me.

Instead, I sighed, sadly fidgeting with my cup.

- Are you clean now? - Chan asked with a feeble voice.

- I am. - Changbin growled. - Stop looking at me as if I killed somebody. - He warned us, standing up and walking to my room, slamming the door shut.

I sighed, following him worriedly.

- Baby, it's me, can I come inside? - I asked after knocking on my bedroom door.

- Go away. - He growled from the other side.

I sighed, doing what he would have done if I was in that situation. I sat on the floor, patiently waiting for him to calm down and open the door.

In the living room, I could hear Chan and Jisung whisper to each other, talking about Changbin, their words sometimes interrupted by Hyunjin's little whimpers.

Yeji and Seungmin would try to comfort him by saying sweet words, hugging him and reassuring him in every way possible.

After about thirty minutes, I heard the door unlock, Changbin appearing in front of me, eyes red and muscles tense. His hair was all messy, his lips pink and eyes slightly swollen.

- I'm sorry for ruining the mood. - He apologized, a sad expression painted on his face.

I stood up, shaking my head as I engulfed him in a tight hug.

- I'm happy that you are clean now, Binnie. - I whispered in the crook of his neck.

- I am too. - He hugged back, squeezing my waist.

Hyunjin walked next to us, eyes puffy and red.

- I-I'm sorry, hyung, I didn't know. - He showcased a broken smile, fidgeting with the glass in his hands.

- Nobody knew. - He replied, sighing and ruffling his hair.

- I think we should all go... - Chan stated from behind Hyunjin, caressing the taller's back and turning to the rest.

They all nodded, slowly making their way to the door and bidding goodbye.

Even if the mood had darkened considerably, Hyunjin still took his time to bicker with his sister by insisting on him being the one taking her home instead of Jeongin.

•••

We were cuddling on the bed, our arms wrapped around each other's bodies, a comforting warmth emanating from our chests.

The room was silent, the only noise being that of our breaths.

Changbin was lost in his thoughts, eyes wide open but spacing out, staring at the wall behind me.

I caressed his cheek gently, shyly smiling when he was brought back to reality by my touch.

- Sorry, I was spacing out. -

- It's okay, Binnie. - I pecked him on the lips, hugging him even closer, squeezing him as if he was a big baby.

We both snuggled into each other, taking in each other's scent as much as possible.

- I'm sorry I ruined this night. - He sighed, ruffling his hair again for the countless time that night as he sat up on the bed.

- Don't worry, it's not your fault. - I tried to reassure him by smiling, my hand resting onto his on his lap.

- It's just... how could I ever be so fucking stupid to do cocaine?! - He threw his head back, groaning before letting out a loud scream, burying his face in his hands.

I gave him a pitiful look before I sat up as well in front of him, squeezing his hand lightly.

- You're not... you went through a lot, Changbin. Even if it is not a good thing, I can understand. - He met my eyes, guilt being the only emotion emanating from his figure. - The only important thing is that you are clean now. - I tilted my head, smiling warmly and cupping his cheek.

He leaned into my touch, resting his hand onto mine as he breathed deeply.

- I did so many bad things, Ji... I'm a horrible person... - His voice cracked, my eyes getting watery.

If there's one thing I absolutely hate is when he talks lowly of himself.

- You are not, Changbin. - A single tear trailed down my cheek as I tried not to bawl. - You are gifted, crazily smart, you write music and are awfully handsome. - He chuckled at my words, looking down while shaking his head. - You are the person who helped me regain control of my life. -

His smile disappeared as he lifted his gaze, his eyes watery as well.

- But I did drugs, failed to protect my sister, bullied you harshly... how could I ever be a good person? - He bit his lip to stop it from quivering, his grip onto my hand tightening.

- You cared for me, Changbin. - I smiled, leaning forward to peck him on the lips. - Your love for me proves that your heart is good. -

My free hand went to rest on his heart, the other remaining on his cheek, getting wet by a few tears falling out of his eyes.

We stared into each other's moist eyes for a while, smiling faintly. Our breaths were shaky, but slowly regaining some normality.

- Are you feeling better, now? - I asked after pecking him on his forehead.

He nodded, smiling warmly at me.

- Thank you for staying by my side. -

I barely heard what he said, too lost into admiring his features. His spotless honey skin made me feel at peace, his brown irises capturing mine. His lips were of a bright pink, looking soft.

Isn't he perfect?

- How could I not? - I replied, slowly laying down in the bed again to sleep, gesturing him to do the same.

He complied, his arms wrapping around my waist before he fell in deep sleep soon after.