36

He led me to his car, but I refused to get in.

- Who were those men? - I glared at him, receiving an equally angry glare back.

- Friends. - He spat back, getting into the driver's seat and expecting me to get inside as well, which I didn't. - Get in. - He said as he rolled down the window to speak to me.

- No. Not until you tell me who those people are and how you know them. - My voice was husky, coming out almost in a threatening growl.

- There are many things you don't know, Jiho, and it's better this way, trust me. - He emotionlessly replied, fixing his gaze in front of him.

- I want to know. -

- Too bad, because I won't let you. - He glared at me, shifting in his seat angrily and impatiently. - Now get the fuck in before I make you. - He shouted, making me flinch.

I reluctantly took a seat inside the car, the whole ride being silent.

He dropped me off in front of the ice cream shop, speaking one last time before speeding off to his house.

- I'll pick you up at 8. -

•••

And so at 8 be picked me up.

If there's one thing I learned about Changbin is that he keeps promises, regardless of the fact that we have fought, he's not feeling well, or he physically can't. He'll find a way to keep his promise.

Once again, the car ride was silent before he spoke up.

- Do you want to clean up the apartment like you said at school? -

- I can do it by myself, don't worry. - I said as we parked in front of my apartment complex.

I sighed, staring at my lap while none of us wanted to speak first.

Changbin kept on shifting in his seat impatiently, probably pondering on whether to talk or not, but I spoke first.

- You promised you would have let me see behind the curtain. - I crossed my arms, staring at him.

He rubbed his temples, sighing.

- But this is different, Jiho... I can't tell you for your own safety. -

My angry facial expression relaxed, morphing into a softer one. I leaned closer to him, resting my hand on his thigh.

- But you'll protect me, right? -

He turned to look at me with puppy eyes, his hand cupping my cheek.

- Always, Ji. - He sighed again, finally starting to confess after a few more seconds of pondering. - My father worked in some projects where the mafia was involved too... so I got contacts. Sometimes I do little thing for them, and in exchange they do the dirty job for me. -

- What kind of little things? - My voice was now feeble, almost scared. He was involved with the mafia.

- I smuggle and deal drugs into our rich neighborhood. Otherwise they wouldn't have access to that market. -

- What kind of drugs? - My eyes got teary at the thought of my boyfriend having drugs inside his house to sell.

- Weed and cocaine. - He leaned towards me, wiping away a tear which was trailing down my cheek. - I'm sorry, baby... -

I soon found myself crying, burying my head on his lap and letting the tears fall free.

His hands caressed my back soothingly, his voice breaking a little when he spoke.

- I'm so sorry, Ji... you know I can't back away now. Once you're in, there's no way out. They'll threaten my whole family... and you... I don't want anything to happen to you. - His hand combed my hair, while my breath stabilized for a little.

I looked back at him with misty eyes, pleading him.

- Promise me you won't do anything stupid that will get you involved even further. -

He nodded, hugging me tightly.

- I promise, Ji. - He smiled feebly, stroking my cheek with his thumb, wiping away the wetness. - Now let's go inside and clear our minds, okay? -

I nodded, chuckling.

- We need to clean both our minds and the apartment. -

- So let's go. - He ruffled my hair, smiling.

We got out of the car, climbing up the flights of stairs and finally getting inside. Immediately, we were met by the nauseous smell of alcohol, making me want to puke.

- Fuck, I don't even know why I let you come back here... this place is a fucking dump... how could you live here? - He said, immediately grabbing cans and bottles and throwing them in the trash.

I opened the windows to refresh the air, inhaling the cold, sweet breeze of the night.

- You get used to it after a while. - I said honestly.

We picked up all the bottles and cans, cleaned the floors and tidied the living room. Then, we moved onto the bathroom and my room, leaving behind my father's room, too scared to actually find out what was inside.

After all that work, we let ourselves fall on the couch, exhausted after a long day.

- Do you want to sleep here? - I asked him, turning in his direction. - It's almost midnight... -

He shrugged his shoulders, smiling.

- If it's not a problem for you... - He pecked me on my lips, scooting closer on the couch. - I'm gonna text my mom to let her know. -

We cuddled for a while, then deciding to go to bed.

I scanned my closet, looking for a shirt to lend him as a pajama, immediately noticing one of his t-shirts I had kept.

I handed it to him, an entertained smile morphing on his face when he recognized it.

- Well, thank you for giving it back... -

I playfully hit him on the arm, turning to find some shorts to lend him. However, after a few minutes of scanning, I couldn't find anything which could fit him.

- Uhm... Bin... - I turned to him, meeting his worried eyes. - I don't have any shorts for you. -

He smirked playfully, starting to unbutton his pants and removing them completely, remaining only in his boxers.

- I can sleep like this, can't I? -