46

Seungmin POV

We were sitting at the huge table, eating slice after slice and getting to know Changbin's mom better.

She seemed to be very sweet and caring, always smiling and repeating she loved having us around.

Jisung, Chan and Minho were talking to her, the rest of our friends listening intently and laughing every once in a while.

I turned to Hyunjin, who instead seemed to only be focused on me.

- Hi, cutie. - He flirted jokingly, pecking me on my head.

I chuckled, flirting back.

- Hi, handsome. -

No matter what Hyunjin did, he always looked stunning to me. I had grown accustomed to having him around me all the time, enjoying our little moments together.

- I've been meaning to ask you something, Min. - He blurted out all of a sudden, making me furrow my eyebrows.

- Sure, tell me. -

- Do you want to go to dinner with me? - He asked nervously, looking away in embarrassment. - Like a date. - He fought back a smile, staring at his lap.

I was taken aback by his words, not really knowing how to take them. After multiple hangouts at his studio and walks after school, he had asked me on a proper date.

Officially.

I tried to stutter out a reply.

- O-Oh, w-well... uhm... when? -

- How about this Friday? - He smiled brightly, slightly tilting his head to admire me as if I was a cute puppy.

I thought for a little more about it.

Having a nice, calm dinner seemed the best for me. We could have talked some more, maybe focusing on different topics than the same ones like school and his art.

Not that I complained, though. I loved whenever he talked about his art, I got lost into his sparkling and excited eyes every time.

He was so cute.

- Okay. - I smiled brightly, taking his hand into his. - Let's have our first official date. -

He almost jumped in his seat, clapping his hands excitedly and squeaking, catching everybody's attention.

He excused himself, shutting his mouth, but not able to fight back his smile.

- What's the matter, Hyunjin? - Minho asked, cocking his brow teasingly.

- Min and I are going on our first date! - Hyunjin announced, making me bury my flustered face in my hands.

Everybody congratulated us, the focus shifting on Hyunjin and I for the rest of the night.

•••

Friday eventually came.

I ran back and forth from my closet to the mirror, trying out thousands of outfits, but never feeling satisfied.

In the end, I decided to wear some casual light brown pants paired up with a white wool cardigan. It was nothing exceptional, but it was surely different from what I wore to school.

And now, I was nervously rocking back and forth in front of the restaurant Hyunjin had invited me to. I kept on biting my bottom lip, scanning my surroundings in search for that handsome boy.

For how much it felt weird for me to admit it, Hyunjin warmed my heart every time I saw him, and I had grown attached to him so much that every second I was not around him or talking about him felt wasted.

I wanted to hear his voice and smell his perfume all day, lean into his touch when he would hug me.

I heard my name being called, so I turned in that direction, finally seeing a very charming Hyunjin walking towards me with the biggest smile on his face.

He was wearing a white satin shirt with a deep V-shaped neckline, exposing a little bit of his chest, a shiny yet humble silver necklace hanging from his neck. His pants were of a dark red, matching with the small pendant of his necklace. To shield himself from the cold, he had a long and stylish black trench coat and a matching black beret hat.

He looked stunning, to say the least.

- Hi, Minnie. - He waved cutely, flashing a warm smile.

My breath hitched at the sight of him, and I had to force myself not to stare at him like a creep.

- H-Hey, Hyunjin. -

- Ready? - He asked, taking my hand into his as we walked into the restaurant.

The waiter immediately approached us, leading us to our table. We took a seat, scanning the menus, all the dishes being crazily expensive.

I took my time to analyze our surroundings. The inside of the restaurant reflected the prices: the tables were distanced quite a lot between each other, giving the customers privacy. Different wine glasses were placed on each table, the cutlery looking fancy as well. From the kitchen, multiple elaborated dishes would come out, leaving my mouth salivating at the sight.

I couldn't help but feel underdressed and overall out of place.

- H-Hyunjin? - I caught his attention, his head immediately shooting up with a smile.

- Yes, Min? -

- Why did you bring me to such fancy place? I'm not dressed well enough a-and it's going to cost a fortune... - I looked at him with wide apologetic eyes, a little pout forming on my face.

He just shook his head, smiling brightly to dismiss my worries.

- What are you talking about, Min? You are the most handsome man in here! - His hand sneaked on the table to rest on mine, squeezing it lightly. - And don't worry about the price, I'm gonna pay for both of us. -

Before I could protest, he cut me off by explaining further.

- I just sold one of my paintings, and the man offered me 2 million won for it! - He said excitedly, squeezing my hand even more.
(A/N. 2 million Korean won is around 1700 US dollars)

My eyes widened, my mouth falling open.

- No way, Hyunjin! I'm so happy for you! - I smiled so brightly that my cheeks hid my eyes, my breath stuck in my throat from excitement.

- That's why we're here. To celebrate. - He explained while lifting up his empty champagne glass, giggling.

The waiter approached us to take our orders, Hyunjin asking for some champagne as well.

- But Jinnie, we're underage! - I whisper-yelled once the waiter was far enough.

He just giggled, shaking his head.

- Don't worry, Min. They don't care as long as you pay them. -

I chuckled, amused at his carelessness about the rules and the law in general.

- But if we get in trouble it's your fault! - I warned him, both of us laughing happily.