Chapter 79- You are more important

YEONJUN POV

Slowly, we made our way up the steep dark stairs, leaving the horrors behind physically but mentally the scars would never heal even for me who never experienced the true tourture and evil that took place.

Taehyun and Kai stumbled their way up hand in hand, their bodies weak but pushing through out of determination.

Beomgyu held onto my shoulders with his life, gripping me tighter the higher we got.

That to me was a display of worry. They so clearly want to escape but underneath they're scared of what freedom will bring them. I know I don't understand how they feel and I never will but it can't stop me from helping them and doing what I know is right.

Once the door was in sight we all seemed to quicken our pace, Taehyun was practically pulling Kai upwards and even Hongjoong who started off timid was moving as fast as he could.

"I'm going to need to get ambulances for you all," I said as we approached the top.

"Calling the police on Soobin is more important," Taehyun responded.

"You guys are on the verge of dying, Soobin can wait. He's locked upstairs where he can't get any of you" I stated, not allowing them to change my ideas.

I knew what I was going to do when I saw him again. Nothing will change that.

Light shone into my eyes as me and Beomgyu emerged first. He shivered in my arms but smiled as he looked around him to the outside world. He was like a child seeing snow for the first time, the sight endearing but horrible knowing that he was excited to see the sight of a back garden because of what he had been through.

Taehyun and Kai shortly followed, Taehyun falling to his knees in happiness as he breathed in the fresh air of winter.

"Taehyun be careful" Kai ushered, helping Taehyun back to his feet.

I turned around to Hongjoong, the poor boy's face twisting and turning. He obviously felt conflicted and understandably he will but every time I saw Soobin's actions affect any of them new anger and upset formed inside me.

I needed somewhere safe for them to go. Soobin was locked upstairs and there was nowhere but this house that I could trust they would all be okay.

"If I put you guys in the living room and I go to deal with Soobin will you be alright?" I asked, placing Beomgyu down for a little rest so we could talk.

"What do you mean deal with Soobin? Just call the police on him" Taehyun said, ignoring my initial question.

"I need to talk to him," I answered simply.

"Have you lost your mind?!" Kai whisper shouted, clearly fearful of Soobin hearing him.

"Maybe I have but never mind that, is the living room okay for you all?" I asked, ignoring Kai's accusation.

"Yeonjun, you do what you want to do," Hongjoong answered tiredly, his voice strained and body slouching as he stood.

I swiftly lifted Beomgyu back into my arms.

I walked lightly through the house, my steps so quiet it were as if I were a ghost. We made it to the living room with Hongjoong on an armchair and the others placed together on the sofa.

I couldn't help but to be distracted from them and focus more on the lack of noise coming from upstairs.

Was Soobin still passed out? Or maybe he escaped? Maybe he's awake and waiting for me to come in to kill me.

"Let's get ambulances for you all" I exclaimed, snapping away from the thoughts tainting my clear mind.

I took my phone from my pocket and dialled the emergency services.

"Ambulance service, how can we help you?" a man's voice answered

"I've just found four of my friends that have been missing for months after being kidnapped. They're all scarily underweight and severely wounded. I need an ambulance now" I responded in a hurry, my voice frantic and words awfully brief for what had actually happened.

"Ok sir, I need you to stay calm for me. Are all of them conscious, none bleeding?" the receiver asked.

"Yes, all conscious and breathing with no bleeding. One of them is unable to move a leg though" I answered quickly.

"Okay that's good, what address should we get an ambulance to, we can be there within half an hour" the man replied.

"Half an hour? They look like they're about to die!" I retorted, slightly outraged by the wait for such an urgent case.

"I can speed things along as much as I can sir, please remain calm, can I have your address for the ambulance?" he asked.

"10 Ghosting way" I answered immediately.

"Thank you...I recall you saying they'd been kidnapped, I suggest you contact police officers while you wait for us to arrive" the receiver suggested.

"I will, thank you" I replied and hung up.

I turned to my friends, their withered bodies draped over the sofas tiredly. Just a small walk was enough to drain them all of the energy they had.

"Call the police Hyung," Kai suddenly said.

"I'm going to talk to Soobin," I answered.

"Yeonjun seriously don't go up there, stay away from that monster" Hongjoong whispered.

"I'm going, when the ambulance gets here I'll come back down. I love you all okay, it will all be alright, I've got you" I assured before disappearing without another word and closing the door behind me.

No matter how much they didn't want me near him, none of them would be daring enough to come upstairs near him to get to me.

I crept up the stairs and made it to the door. The only thing holding him in there was this door and I was about to open it.

I could be opening this door to a heated argument or much worse I could be opening the door to my death but if it was my death I was facing so be it.

What I hated was the person I once loved the most in the world was someone I didn't even really know. He'd hurt my friends, killed people, done things I'd never expected but the fact that I never noticed...that's what hurts the most because I can't fix the damage he's done. It all felt like my fault.

My fault

A/N

I feel like this is so short. This silly little book from my imagination hit 3k views overnight and I don't actually know how to tell you how thankful I am. A massive thank you from the bottom of my heart and I really hope I can make the end of this book as good as I can for you all.

Votes and comments appreciated. Your comments honestly make my day :)

Sending you all more love than ever before <3

~Author C