Chapter 76- Monster

SOOBIN POV
Little note: For Soobin's POV whenever you see italics it means its the voices he's hearing from figures that do not exist in real life. This does not apply to the sections of italics in Yeonjun's POV

Time had passed but my thoughts hadn't. I couldn't stop thinking back to the day the police showed up.

It was like a never ending nightmare since that day.

A good analogy to describe it would be the straw that broke the camel's back.

Everything felt like it was constantly chasing me before the officer and it was as if the officer's visit was the final straw that pushed me over the edge.

Every little noise, question and odd feeling thing made me jump.

Before I had never felt worried about being caught. It was always something that felt so out of reach but now I'm not so sure anymore.

I'd gone so far with my unethical antics so it's hard to reign it all in and hide if I needed to.

Me and Yeonjun had just finished dinner when I started seeing those weird people.

Figures of Beomgyu with a bloody leg and Seonghwa with rotted out eyes looked as if they were pacing around the house. Though I knew there was no way something about it seemed so real.

"I'm going to go upstairs, feeling funny" I quickly said, standing from the table.

"You do what you need to do baby, I love you" Yeonjun comforted, kissing my lips before letting me leave the room in a hurry.

I was nearly at my bedroom door when a figure appeared in front of me.

One that looked very much like myself.

"Look at who fucked up" The figure said.

"I did nothing," I replied sternly.

The figure stepped into the light, the face belonging to none other than myself. The same blue hair, the same brown eyes. I could see myself.

"What about...this?" The clone version of myself asked, holding up his hands for me to see.

They were stained with red, it evidently blood on his, my, hands.

"Nothing," I snapped back.

"Yeah, nothing" The clone hissed sarcastically.

"Why are you doing this to me?" I whispered, knowing if I was too loud Yeonjun would hear this all.

"You know you're wrong to have done it all though don't you" the version of me said teasingly.

"Nothing I do is wrong" I shot back.

"Nothing?" the figure asked as the figure that was once myself faded into a different face, the face of Seonghwa, his features as if he were alive.

"I may have died most recently but someone much closer to you will be next" Seonghwa whispered tauntingly before fading away into another face. Taemin's.

"My 'suicide' will only be called a suicide for so much longer" Taemin's figure hissed and promptly faded to the face of Kai. Then it was my mother, then it was Beomgyu, then Taehyun.

Finally the body shifted its final time. Yeonjun's face.

He looked at me with a disappointed face and tears in his eyes.

"Why are you a monster?" he asked, his voice broken and hitched with tears.

I knew it wasn't really him, it's not like a real person could just fade into a place but something about his emotions felt real. As if he really wanted to ask me that question.