Chapter 69- Stay here with me forever then

AUTHOR POV

"Hongjoong?"

Hongjoong looked up at the three and looked away without a second thought.

"Wait what?" Hongjoong asked, his head shooting back up, his eyes wide.

"It is him," Beomgyu remarked, shuffling closer to Kai.

Hongjoong. The person we least expected to find. There was no logical reason for him to be here and definitely no reason for him to look like that. He was doused in blood for sure and his eyes looked sunken and dull. His bones poked from his skin at every point and the smile. The smile was the most unsettling of them all.

"How come you're all here? I can't imagine master would have let you down here. It was just a few hours ago when he came down paranoid" Hongjoong asked, his voice vaguely threatening..

"We could ask you the same thing," Taehyun said, his tone serious.

"I live here" Hongjoong stated, shocking the trio.

"You live here...at the bottom of Soobin's garden in a shed?" Kai asked, his voice just about loud enough for anyone to hear.

Hongjoong cocked his head before answering the question. It was taking him time to respond. Perhaps he didn't know what to say. Maybe he had nothing to say at all.

"Well, yes, i'm not alone though" Hongjoong smiled, it seeming almost sickly.

"Someone else stays here? Where are they? I thought you lived with Seonghwa" Taehyun asked. It was shocking enough to have found Hongjoong here and then suddenly there's someone else.

"I still live with him" Hongjoong said innocently, walking over towards the table.

"See!" He said excitedly, lifting Seonghwa's head by its hair, twisting the body's neck to show the others the corpse's face.

The trio watched in horror as Hongjoong lifted Seonghwa's head like a dead weight. He was clearly long dead, his body rotting and losing the points that made it identifiable. Hongjoong's excitement was borderline terrifying.

"WHY IS HE DEAD?" Kai shrieked, hiding behind Beomgyu immediately.

"Long story" Hongjoong huffed as he put Seonghwa's head back down and placed his little body down on the sofa.

There was no logical explanation for that at all.

It was then that Taehyun realised the chains attached to Hongjoong's body. He was stuck here. It wasn't him staying here by choice. He was trapped down here.

"Sit," he instructed as he smiled.

The three complied despite the burning urge to run away. If they left now Hongjoong was obviously stuck here so they wanted information while they could get it.

"Go on then" Beomgyu said, shuffling as far away from Hongjoong as he could.

When they were all together a while ago Hongjoong looked pasty and decently skinny but now he looked like a ghost. His eyes were dim yet smiling and dried blood plastered him all over.

"I can see you staring at my neck, I let that happen" Hongjoong said, pointing to the mass of dried red upon his skin.

"You willingly did that?" Beomgyu asked.

"Yes I did" Hongjoong clarified.

Even if we let it happen there was no way it was Seonghwa who did it. He'd been dead for far too long for Hongjoong to still look like that.

"When I was first taken here I didn't like it, it was scary. Then I grew a liking for it. I didn't want to leave. I still never want to leave. It's been months now." Hongjoong explained, trying to recall what he could.