Chapter 53- Let's not talk about it

AUTHOR POV

Eventually they had finished their meal and were ready to head back to Soobin's house. His theoretically was the closest even though Yeonjun's was literally not even a minute down the road.

Taehyun helped Hongjoong and Seonghwa lock up before they all took a slow walk to Soobin's house. It was just as well no one else suggested their houses after Hongjoong's tiny meltdown earlier.

Back at Soobin's house, the group was finally relaxed and sitting in the living room. Although it may have not been the biggest of rooms, with all of them practically strangling each other in cuddles made the room seem spacious.

Kai was currently in the bathroom, Beomgyu and Taehyun were getting snacks and that left Soobin with Hongjoong and Seonghwa.

"You two did really well," Soobin said, sitting back in his chair. "Sorry about the freak out I had" Hongjoong apologised, clearly not thinking about much else.

"It wasn't your fault Joongie," Seonghwa assured him with a smile. "No I-" Hongjoong was cut off by Soobin before he could get another word in. "It's alright, as long as you're alright now. Just make sure you follow my rules while we're here okay. When it comes to you two going home I'll see you outside and take you round the side gate, just act normal, okay?" Soobin instructed, making sure to keep himself suspicion clear.
The pair needed immediately just as the other 4 emerged into the room, food in hand.

"Did you raid the entire kitchen?!" Soobin asked, shocked by the amount they had. "You big baby, there are 7 of us here, of course we need loads," Beomgyu said as he chewed on some crisps (chips if you're American idk im just British) he had bought from the kitchen.

"I'll buy you more if you wanted me to replace them Soobinnie" Yeonjun suggested sweetly as he set down a couple of bowls. Soobin's face reddened as he looked towards his knees.

"Dont worry" he mumbled as he fanned his own face, trying to stop his increasingly reddening skin. "Whatever you say love" Yeonjun said as he sat beside him.

Conversation flowed for a good half an hour before it landed on the topic of Seonghwa and Hongjoong and what an unsettling conversation it would be.

"If you don't mind me asking...where were you all that time?" Taehyun asked, looking into the eyes of Hongjoong deeply as if he would get an answer without words.

"It's no problem, we just got caught in a car accident, hence all the injuries left and both of us were quite shaken" Hongjoong lied, making peace in Soobin's poor twisted head.

"Oh my god forgive us for asking that, it mustn't be nice to talk about" Beomgyu added, sympathy drowning his tone. "Yeah, that was wrong of us," Kai said, lowering his head.

"No problem, it's not everyday someone just disappears from you guys" Seonghwa assured, a weak smile tainting his thin lips.

"Are you both alright now?" Yeonjun asked, finally speaking in the conversation. "Were fine, happier than ever in fact" Hongjoong exclaimed happily.

The group was shocked by his happy response but inside Soobin knew it was because the boy's head was completely shattered. He knew that Hongjoong wouldn't have proper reactions to things by the standards of other people.

That conversation was deemed over pretty soon after, the group switching to complaining about exams and occasionally teasing the living shit out of eachother.

SOOBIN POV

I was relieved when the conversation moved on so fast. How Hongjoong and Seonghwa reacted was ideal but if it lasted too long they'd probably start questioning if they actually meant what they were saying.