Chapter 57- Lessons

SEONGHWA POV

As I sat down in the basement I could feel Hongjoong's eyes burning holes into my head as if he hated me. Maybe he did.

I couldn't look him in the eye, I couldn't look at him at all. The one I loved, had turned his back to me as if I were nothing because of a question.

It isn't even like I said it happened to us, or it was Soobin who did it. Nothing like that was said! Nothing should be held against me! It's all them anyway, it was always Soobin who was in the wrong, it was always Hongjoong that convinced me he was right.

I should be able to walk freely, speak freely, own a phone and eat when I'm hungry. That's what the others get. Why not me?

What made Ma- Soobin choose me, me and my only love.

Why us?

SOOBIN POV
(Dramatic switch I know)

Yeonjun was gone, Kai was gone, Taehyun was gone, Beomgyu was gone and I was alone.

Perfect

I rushed through the house, crashing out of the back door and frantically unlocked each of the locks at the front of the building.

"You can't let him live," I said to myself as the door swung open and swiftly closed behind me.

Re-entering that room felt like opening the gates to hell. I knew this would never end well for someone but that someone isn't me so why should I worry.

The pair were in sight, Hongjoong facing me and Seonghwa looking away shamefully. Hongjoong looks different to when I saw him before. He was once a calm, pale boy with no ill intention but when I looked at him this time I saw resentment, hate and a strong will in his eyes. For me? It better not be.

"What happened up there?" I asked as I acted clueless, ruffling in the set of drawers before sitting down at the table on the other end of the room, the same old knife I would threaten them with sat before me.

"Nothing" Seonghwa lied, his tone of voice sickening and lacked the effect he wanted.

I knew everything.

"Nothing at all? Not even going to thank me for letting you do that?" I remarked in an annoyed tone. You see, I'm trying to convey the fact that I know but clearly it's not getting through.

"T-thank you" Seonghwa stuttered, his head permanently facing away from me. "I'm sure it made you realise what a good place this is" I remarked to see if I got an answer.

Nothing

Silence

Just like the old times Seonghwa wouldn't talk, Hongjoong was equally silent but he seemed much too busy with his own feelings to even pay attention to the conversation happening.

"I hate to admit it" I started, yes I was most likely going to get no responses during this conversation but it's the thought that counts now isn't it.

"Regrettably, I know about everything that happened up there while I was...busy" I deadpanned in an annoyed tone.

Hongjoong's eyes shot immediately to mine but not in fear, rather in happiness before confusion.

"But how?" he asked as the logic I had behind it all was still unknown to them.

"Take a look at your necks hm, now look at this" I instructed.

Both of the boys turned to me immediately, intrigued by what could be happening. I opened the app controlling the cameras and turned the screen to the pair. The screen showed everything they looked at, Hongjoong experimentally turning his head a few times to see it change.