Chapter 71- Hearts on their bodies

SOOBIN POV

Yeonjun knew way more than I thought he did.

Suddenly I realised that I should work on going upstairs. I don't need Yeonjun seeing what's down here whether he knows about it or not.

I promptly left, leaving Hongjoong with the others. All I want is for him to do what I say.

Make their lives a living hell.

I settled in the living room and waited for Yeonjun to come home, calming myself down from the anger and panic.

I want to know how they got in here, why they came here and why they seemed to be spying on me. Were they looking for something? Or perhaps they knew something? Either way, they'll know nothing soon

A FEW DAYS LATER
AUTHOR POV

It had been a few days since Soobin discovered Taehyun, Beomgyu and Kai searching through his personal things.

By personal things you could say his bedroom, maybe his cupboards but most likely the shed where Hongjoong was held captive.

Yeonjun and Soobin had been attending school as usual. Yeonjun definitely realised the absence of his other three friends and made it blatantly obvious to Soobin.

The last he heard they had entered Soobin's house and that was a discomforting thought. He would like to have thought they had gotten out of there before he came back seeing as they saw the message.

Yeonjun was almost half blaming himself. He sent the message a little later than when Soobin left him in the park. He was worried that Soobin had gone home and found them.

"Soobin it's been days, where are they?" Yeonjun asked worriedly, his head in his hands.

It was lunchtime. Yet another day with the trio's absence. Of course, Soobin knew why.

"I don't know baby, tried texting them?" Soobin asked, pretending he didn't know that they would never answer him.

"All the time, I'm messaging non stop. They're all delivering but never read. What if somethings wrong?" Yeonjun asked, panic in his voice.

"Baby calm down, i'm sure theyre fine, one of them probably fucked the other too hard and its taking days to recover, be realistic" Soobin reasoned, lying through his teeth with every word.

"If I don't see them before school ends I'm going to their house" Yeonjun stated, his tone deadly serious.

"Their house...?" Soobin asked, the statement processing just a little too slow.

"Just to see if they're there," Yeonjun added, sipping his strawberry milk.

"I see," Soobin said hesitantly.

"You sound unsure," Yeonjun remarked, a spark of suspicion in his head.

"I'm just worried about them. How about we check more than one place? I could check Beomgyu's old house, let's not forget only Tae and Kai lived together at one point" Soobin suggested, trying to get himself away from having to go to their house.

Soobin knew it was empty. He knew that. He just felt if he were around Yeonjun and talking about the missing trio for too long he'd say something he wasn't supposed to.

"Sounds good, I'll go straight after school so don't wait for me, I'll meet you at home" Yeonjun instructed confidently.

Just as I nodded the bell rang, both of us setting off to our separate classes after a small peck.

Soobin sensed this was going to be a messy one to cover.

It would have been fine had he trapped Taehyun, Beomgyu and Kai in his own time but they did it themselves. It wasn't planned or thought through. He almost wished it had never happened at all.