Chapter 74- Fate will come to you

KAI POV

Soobin finally left. It was like hell whenever he was around. Threatening to redo his actions to Seonghwa on me? That was concerning.

Hongjoong was the only conscious person in the room, Taehyun and Beomgyu still passed out on the floor.

Hongjoong slunk around, looking at my boyfriends before wandering over to my place on the floor.

He looked me in the eyes, his twisted perspective showing through him.

"Why...?" I asked slowly, shuffling backwards so he would stay away.

"Oh please, fucking save it" Hongjoong snapped, his teeth bearing as he said so.

"Save what?" I asked, giving back an equal amount of attitude.

The only advantage Hongjoong held down here was that Soobin was marginally lenient with him. Nothing special. I bet if he did even one thing wrong he would be punished and pained just like the rest of us down here.

His face shrunk down to blank, maybe even sympathetic.

"Don't talk back to Soobin, I've bought you time to live here" Hongjoong quickly said, his tone dropping the anger.

"You said you were giving time for me to become paranoid and basically eat myself alive with it" I argued, distrust evident in my voice.

His eyes harshened again. I clearly caught him trying to manipulate.

"You listen to that now do you?" Hongjoong hissed, annoyed by the catch of his act.

"I always listen, just dont always speak" I snapped back.

"Pft, suit yourself" Hongjoong huffed, walking over to Taehyun.

Taehyun had horrible burns around his neck, the twists and tightness of the rope highlighted in red. His hands were flittering around, his body clearly coming back to consciousness. It was too bad he would wake up to the face of his strangler.

I watched as Taehyun's eyes flickered open weakly, it didn't take long for them to bolt open and for him to scurry backwards, keeping Hongjoong far far away. Well, as far as he could.

"It's useless, running away when my chain is longer than all of yours together" Hongjoong remarked with a sigh.

"I disagree" Taehyun said weakly, his voice strained and sore.

"You usually do" Hongjoong huffed, reapproaching the boy.

"Get away from me" Taehyun croaked, his voice lacking authority due to his injuries.

"Fine, lose your chance to escape" Hongjoong shrugged, walking away from the blonde and sitting down.

My eyebrows raised, watching him go with the same thing he tried on me. I would have intercepted but I want to see what he was trying to convince us with.

"Chance to escape?" Taehyun queried, his head cocked to one side.

"Now you're interested, you lost your chance" Hongjoong grumbled, his expression angered and irritated.

"Hongjoong please, please, I just want to get out of here with the people I love" Taehyun begged, falling to his knees as his eyes teared up.

"Love is a lie, even I once loved that lie" Hongjoong teased, keeping the topic away from the main point.

"Hongjoong please, anything just help us out" Taehyun continued to bed.

I felt useless and wanted to help but all I could do was sit and watch.