Chapter 52- That's how I live

SOOBIN POV

Once we were all sat down things seemed a lot calmer. It was worrying to see each of my friends, especially Yeonjun, staring at Hongjoong and Seonghwa. Yes the pair looked evidently different and not the best but they could be worse. Trust me I know it could be worse.

Seonghwa and Hongjoong had now disappeared to the back, leaving us with the small laminated menus we used months ago. It was a weird feeling for sure having never imagined them seeing the light of day again.

"Okay, is it just me or who thinks those two look really different?" Beomgyu whispered, leaning into the table.

Thanks for that Beomgyu, thanks a lot.

"Yeah, Hongjoong looks very thin and Seonghwa looks like he's been beat up, it's not just you" Taehyun replied as he took his coat off.

"Hey, don't talk about it unless you know about what happened to them, we'll invite them over later so until we know don't say anything, it's not polite" Kai added with a serious tone.

"Kai's right but you're not wrong, let's talk about it later," I quickly added before I heard the door of the back room open again, revealing Seonghwa.

"Drinks for any of you?" he asked, his voice just about audible.

"Just 5 waters," Yeonjun said with a smil. Seonghwa weakly smiled back and disappeared again to do his job.

"Yeah somethings not right" Yeonjun said, leaning back in his chair.

Not too long later Seonghwa returned with the drinks and asked about food options before sneaking to my side, whispering in my ear.

"Ma- Soobin, can you come to the back room in a minute" he whispered just loud enough for me to hear. I nodded my head and he left again with a swift close of the back door.

"What did he whisper to you about?" Yeonjun asked as his hand rested on my thigh. "He was just asking if I was feeling better than when I last saw him, remember the last time I saw him we weren't talking at all after the whole med situation" I lied immediately.

"That's nice of him, maybe he isn't as different as we think" Beomgyu said, sipping on his water.

About 10 minutes later it was about time for me to go and see what Seonghwa wanted. An excuse to go back there would be the hardest part.

Wait, scratch that.

I took out my phone and looked at the time. There was no direct reason for this, it would just help sell my story.

"Is it alright if I go to the back room to take my meds?" I asked Yeonjun, he looked at me, slight concern in his eyes.

"Is this just a normal dosage or do you feel bad?" he asked. "Just a normal dosage, I just can't really take them in front of people, it makes me uncomfortable. '' I lied in a quiet voice.

"That's fine Hyung, you do what you've got to do" Kai said sweetly.

I smiled briefly before grabbing my bag and heading to the back room, peering my head round the corner before entering fully.

Seonghwa's face relaxed as he saw me enter. I don't know what they want but this has to be quick.

"Soobin" he said hurriedly, pointing to Hongjoong sat on the sofa.

Looking over at Hongjoong I realised he looked quite panicked, he was awfully red and appeared to be shaking slightly, possibly even crying.

"Joognie are you know?" I asked quietly as I approached him. "Don't like being outside, I want masters house," he whispered.