Chapter 21- Friends

SOOBIN'S HOUSE
Soobin POV

"Im sorry, she didn't make it"

The joy those words gave me brought tears to my eyes. I felt the warm streams of tears paint my cheeks. Upon the realisation that crying would seem natural in this situation I turned round to bury my face in Yeonjun's chest. He embraced me tightly as I felt my chest heave upwards with more tears. I could hear a conversation happening between Yeonjun and the paramedic as I buried my head further.

"Is there anything I can do for him?" Yeonjun asked. This was all clearly new to him.

"I suggest not leaving him alone here as I'm presuming you don't live here" the man responded.

"That's correct sir, i'll take him to my house for a while" Yeonjun responded, his hand beginning to stroke up and down my back.

"He'll probably seem quite off for the next few days. Upon checking the will of Mrs Choi she didn't want a funeral after death so allow him to say his goodbyes now" the man spoke once again.

I felt Yeonjun tap lightly on my back. I raised my eyeline to meet him, my eyes most likely puffy and red. "Soobinnie, you know what your mother will say right?" he asked. I nodded my head in response. "I'll go say bye bye" I responded as I left the pair and approached where she was laid on a stretcher.

No one was within earshot of me so I took my chance, "revenge is sweet now isn't it mother, enjoy this, your only son won this time and I will forever. I hope you remember everything you did, I certainly won't be missing you" I whispered through my fake cries. I ran my hand over her face, now covered in dried blood. "Goodbye" I mumbled as I left to find Yeonjun again.

Soon after my 'lovely' goodbyes the paramedics left. Now it's just me and Yeonjun. Me and the one I love. I had finally stopped with the fake crying, it was to much effort for such a dumb thing. Yeonjun did end up taking me back to his house just like I had heard him say.

It was a short walk and we were mostly silent on our way, this might be his way of letting me think or just pure confusion. When we got in we headed straight to his living room, laying down on both of the sofas.

"Soobin are you alright?"Yeonjun asked as he shattered at the ceiling. "Honestly I feel alright, yes she was my mother but she wasn't nice at all, that was the first time I had seen her in years," I responded solemnly. "Huh?" Yeonjun asked. Here we go.

YEONJUN POV

When Soobin was explaining his past with his parents my heart shattered. I felt guilty even though I couldn't have done anything. He spoke about it with no feeling, like he was numb to it. I felt my heart breaking with his words. My heart broke for him and maybe, just maybe, I can help him fix it. I never imagined in the years of my life that I would come across anything relatively close to this.

After his long explanation I decided he might need some time alone, I went to make some tteokbokki as it appears that this kid can be hungry at any given time. "Are you hungry?" I asked before leaving. He nodded. "I'll be back" I said cheerfully, I really hope he's okay. Honestly, my heart hurts looking at him in such a state.

AUTHOR POV

After Yeonjun left Soobin was alone once again. His once 'sad' face contorted into an evil smile. None of this should be as fun as it is. He isn't enjoying the fact that he is deceiving his best friend but there isn't really a choice in the matter. He is more so happy over the fact that neither of his parents will return to him ever again. "Once again Choi Soobin '' he said aloud, "you've done it" he exclaimed with a small giggle.

It was when his mind was this far that the talking to himself would start. He was conscious that he was doing it but not at all concerned about Yeonjun hearing him. He was all the way across the house through walls and closed doors, there was no risk in it for him.

Meanwhile, in the kitchen Yeonjun had just finished his cooking session. Two bowls of hot tteokbokki sat upon the stable, filling the room with a heavenly smell of spices. Just one thing was missing. Soobin.

YEONJUN POV

The last thing I had to do was get Soobin. I don't want to interrupt him or anything but you know he has to eat. I headed back towards the living room, the door still closed exactly how I left it. The closer I got the more I could hear something. It almost sounded like a person's voice but not just anyone's voice. Soobin's.

I knew he spoke to himself a lot. It was just a Soobin thing. People saw it as weird but it's actually quite adorable. He would often have soft conversations with himself but of course I never mention it. I don't want to make him conscious that I'm well aware only because it could make him stop. He just giggles so wholesomely like he's having the best time ever so I don't want to stop that for him.

I didn't want to startle him nor did I want to intrude so I knocked softly on the door. I heard a small 'come in' from the other side of the door and entered. "Soobin my loveeeeee" I said. "Yes Yeonjun babyyyyyy" he whined back. I loved this sort of playing around, it was so, what's the word, comforting. "Come on, food is ready!" I exclaimed with a happy smile. Soobin's little face lit up as he ran to the other room, right past me at the speed of light. He really has some severe emotional switches.

I followed him out with a small run to see him sitting at the table waiting for me to arrive, his eyes eager. I sat down without wasting a second, "let's eat Hyung" Soobin said, eyeing his meal. "Go on" I instructed. He eagerly began eating. Despite the extreme things that happened not too long ago don't seem to have phased his mind but can I truly blame him? His mother didn't seem too nice during her lifetime anyway. I would agree that her death wasn't pleasant but it could have done Soobin some favours mentally so for that i am forever thankful. I don't want to see him suffer.

We sat eating peacefully like we had done earlier that day. It was hard not to get sucked into staring at the boy in front of me. He looked so innocent and yet he was so broken inside. I want to make everything okay for him.

That's when my mind started to wander

Give him hugs, cuddle him close when he can't sleep, spend every living moment with him, take him to cute places, give him everything he wants, I want to kiss his little cheeks, do everything with him.

I snapped out of it when I realised exactly what I was doing. Why does my brain keep reverting to this. Soobin is my friend, anyone wouldn't wish this upon him but for some reason all I can see is an image of a small Soobin next to me forever. 'Yeonjun what are you thinking I mentally scolded myself. Even if I did like him, there is no way he would dream of returning my feelings. We call each other pet names as friends, comfort each other as friends, tease each other as friends. That's what hurts the most. Friends...

A/N-
That all got a bit deep towards the end. Dong worry we'll see some Tae, Gyu and Kai plot soon aswell as the start of Yeonbin
Dont forget to vote if you enjoy, it's always appreciated :)
~Author C