Chapter 72- Why would I care

YEONJUN POV

I rushed home to see if Soobin had already made it back.

To my surprise he wasn't home, I don't really know what I expected to be honest. Beomgyu did live the furthest away out of all of us.

I sat down on a stool at the kitchen island and stared out the glass of the back door. It was still bright outside, the patio sparkling in the sun. It was a nice view before the shed focused into my view.

Something about it just feels off.

I walked up to the back door. I don't really know what i'm doing here right now but I continued to walk, leaving the house and into the garden.

I approached the building as if I wasn't in control of myself. Something seemed to draw me to this place.

I put my hand on the handle and twisted it but it didn't budge.

When I removed my hand there was no blood transferred like Kai once said but when I looked closely into the crevasses and dinks in the handle I could see remnants of red.

So they were right

I quickly went back inside, disturbed by what I thought I'd seen.

Water. I needed to calm down. I turned my back to the back door, grabbing myself a glass and shakily filling it up to the top.

It felt as if something were watching me but there was no noise.

I turned around only to see Soobin standing there as if he had just come through the back door. There's no way he could have come through the front and came all the way through the house without me hearing it.

I'm certain he was in the garden at some point. Maybe even locked behind the shed door.

That's what I think

"What were you doing out there?" I asked, gesturing to the door.

"Oh, uh. I left my keys here, I couldn't get through the front door" Soobin quickly responded, his voice hesitant to start with.

"You could have just knocked," I argued.

The whole feeling that he was lying overpowered everything. He had to be lying to me. He just had to be.

"I didn't know whether you were in or not, for all I know you could have still been at Taehyun and Kai's house finding things" Soobin quickly retorted, his arguments becoming more flowing than before.

I decided to let it go. It would be like arguing with a brick wall if I even dared to say he was lying.

"Whatever" I remarked, sitting down.

Soobin's eyes narrowed and his aura seemed to fall. It was as if one remark I made could shatter his whole happy and innocent facade.

"Did you find anything?" he asked, his teeth gritting evidently.

"Nothing at all," I sighed.

Soobin nodded, clearly having experienced the same emptiness I did.

"Where the fuck could they be?" I asked, starting to become angered by the lack of answers there were for such simple questions.

"They could be anywhere Yeonjun, leave them to it," Soobin quickly answered. He sounded fed up.

"What is it with you always telling people to leave things? You told us all to leave Kai alone when he wasn't mentally well and then later on we found out he was self harming" I remarked, slightly frustrated with his dismissive behaviour.

"Because why should we get ourselves involved. It's not like they're alone, they're together" Soobin argued, his tone slightly angered.

"They're our friends Soobin" I reasoned.

Disbelief. That's what I felt. Soobin really did not care. He really didn't.

Everything he would say or do clearly had some alternative motives but I just didn't know what.

"They're old enough to know what they're doing," Soobin argued, huffing in frustration.

"Soobin you're being selfish. Why don't you care about them? What did they ever do to you? They could be in danger for all we know" I retorted, complete frustration flowing through my veins.

"Why would they matter?" Soobin asked blatantly. No shame, no care.

Was he actually...alright?

"Soobin, what's going on?" I asked

"I...don't know" he answered, this anger suddenly seeming to vanish into thin air.

"Baby what's wrong?" I asked. It seemed if I softened to him he did the same back so it was worth the gentleness despite how nasty he had been.

Soobin stayed silent but his eyes welled up, his face turning red as tears dropped.

"Your...crying"

SOOBIN POV

Yes, I was in fact crying.

Why was I?

Well I wasn't upset at all, there was nothing for me to feel sad over.

I was crying because of the effect it had.

It was only after I said some horrible things that I realised things had gone too far. The only way out was to cause sympathy.

"Baby I never meant for you to cry" Yeonjun said, his tone dropping harshness.

I didn't answer him and kept letting tears free fall from my eyes without a single emotion behind them. Deceit was a fun game.

"I didn't mean to be angry," I said, still crying.

"No it's fine, you're stressed" Yeonjun assured.

He really was a weak souled kid. Despite how I told him his friends meant nothing he still continued to fall right back into my grasp.

"I was horrible" I continued, still pressing my sadness onto him.

"Please, calm down, stop crying. Let's forget it happened and worry about them tomorrow, it's clearly a lot right now" Yeonjun urged, moving to hold onto my hand, rubbing circles into my palm.

I nodded with a stifled cry and eventually stopped, the both of us moving on and spending the rest of the day with not a single thought of the problem filled three.

I knew where they were after all. Why would it bother me?

A/N

I don't know why but this chapter feels so short :( but either way I'm getting really excited about writing the upcoming chapters

Good boy gone bad came out today so GO STREAM because it is a MASTERPIECE

Votes and comments apprciated, honestly thank you for getting this book where it is now :)

Love you all lots and lots <3

~ Author C