Chapter 62- Something to tell you

YEONJUN POV

Being rushed into a hospital was never my initial plan for this evening but it just so happened to end that way.

Right after the performance ended my phone had rung, my father had been taken to hospital because he suddenly collapsed and all of this happened so fast that I didn't get to explain anything to anyone before dashing off.

It was just as well that I had my temporary licence or else it would have taken me nearly 3 hours by foot to reach my parents, shortened to an hour and a half's drive. Why they chose such a far waya hospital still confuses me.

Luckily nothing bad had happened to my father. He had only collapsed because he took an incorrect dosage of his medicine.

"Dad, why didn't you ask mum for help with your medicine this morning?" I flowened as I looked at the little heart rate monitor beeping steadily.

"I didn't want to bother her, you know I like to think I can do things for myself" my father responded with a smile.

"Aish dad" I huffed. Sometimes he really doesn't help himself.

"Ya Yeonjun I helped raise you, don't huff at me please" my dad scolded playfully with a laugh.

Suddenly my mother burst into the room hurriedly, sitting next to my fathers bed.

"Oh Yeonjun arrived" she said as she shook her head.

"Why are you shaking your head?" I asked, confused by her actions.

"Don't take it personally I just remembered that you would have come straight from your school dance thing, right?" She asked with a nervous smile.

"Mum, do you think I'd look like this on a normal day?" I asked, pointing to my outfit and the remnants of makeup left on my face.

"True" she remarked as she sucked her teeth, clearly feeling bad for dragging me out here.

"Ah no don't feel bad at all, i'm just glad you're both okay, it had been a while since I saw you anyway" I hurriedly assured as I held one of each of their hands tightly in my own.

"If you say so" my mother reasoned, letting her worried face slip into a smile.

"Well seeing as it's been so long, how's life going where you are?" my dad asked.

Even though we were close and got on perfectly, with everything going on in my life it was hard to always keep up with them and see them often. It felt nice to be like this again even if it was panic that brought me here.

"Life with me is good, school exams are driving me mad but i'm generally okay. I got my temporary driver's licence as well" I smiled.

"My little Yeonjun's growing up so fast" my dad gushed with the widest smile I'd seen in a while.

"How's the house we left you, still okay?" my mum asked. She had always worried about more sophisticated things like my living situation.

"It's perfectly fine mum, I'm actually not living alone anymore" I said, the words slipping out before I had really thought about it.

My father gasped audibly and sat up from his bed.

"Does my Yeonjun have a girlfriend?" He asked excitedly.

I laughed nervously before an internal panic sent off inside me. I felt my face become deathly pale as I wondered what to say.

"Yeonjun." My mother said, snapping me back to what was happening.

"Ah no I don't have a girlfriend" I replied, my face beginning to regain its colour.

"Just a roommate?" my father asked.