154 ; aberforth & return to hogwarts

❥❥❥

❥❥❥

YOU GASP AS YOU REACH THE TOP OF THE WATER, COUGHING OUT SOME WATER.

you breathe out heavily, you all swim towards land.

you squeeze out your hair as you all come up onto the rocks.

"he knows. you-know-who" harry says, "he knows we broke into gringotts. he knows what we took and he knows we're hunting horcruxes"

"how is it you know?" hermione asks.

"i saw him"

"you let him in? harry, you can't do that"

"hermione, i can't always help it. well, maybe i can. i don't know"

"never mind. what happened?" you ask.

"well, he's angry. and scared too. he knows if we find and destroy all the horcruxes we'll be able to kill him"

hermione takes out her bag, dropping some kind of liquid onto your hands, you rub them together.

"i reckon he'll stop at nothing to make sure we don't find the rest. there's more. one of them's at hogwarts"

"what? you saw it?" hermione questions.

"i saw the castle and rowena ravenclaw. it must have something to do with her. we have to go there now"

"what, we can't do that. we've got to plan. we've got to figure it out"

"hermione, when have any of our plans ever actually worked? we plan, we get there, all hell breaks loose"

you all get changes into spare clothes hermione brought.

"he's right. one problem: snape's headmaster now. we can't just walk through the front door"

"um, well, we'll go to hogsmeade, to honeydukes. take the secret passage in the cellar. it's- there's something wrong with him. it's like, you know, in the past, i've always been able to follow his thoughts. and now everything just feels disconnected"

"maybe it's the horcruxes" you say, "maybe he's growing weaker. maybe he's dying"

"no. no, it's more like he's wounded. if anything, he feels more dangerous"

you frown slightly.

──── ◉ ────

THE ALARM SCREECHES ANNOYINGLY AS YOU ALL APPARATE INTO A VILLAGE.

you all run into a area with a lot of tables as a bunch of people come out from the buildings.

you all duck behind a white cloth, steadying your breathing as two men come in and search the area.