009 ; flying lessons gone bad

══════⊹⊱❖⊰⊹══════

══════⊹⊱❖⊰⊹══════

YOU POUT AS YOU PLOP ON THE SEAT NEXT TO HERMIONE AT THE GRYFFINDOR TABLE, GAINING MULTIPLE LOOKS.

she looks over to you, "why aren't you sitting with your house, [name]?"

you put your chin on her arm, "everyone at that table is so mean!" you whine.

you place your books and parchment down on the table before starting to study as well, everyone who was previously looking at you just went back to their own work.

"eye of rabbit, harp string hum, turn this water, into rum"

you look over to a boy, he was sitting a few seats away from you and was waving his wand at a goblet.

he looks into the goblet before sitting down and trying again.

"what's seamus trying to do to that glass of water?" harry asks ron.

"turn it to rum. actually managed a weak tea yesterday, before.."

both you and hermione jump in shock as an explosion can be heard from the cup he was just waving his hand at.

you glance over to the boy, only to find him covered in ash and soot with the surrounding people laughing at him.

you snort quietly while hermione waves her hand in front of her nose.

you all look up as hoots of a certain bird can be heard, "ah, mail's here" ron announces.

you just look back at your paper with a shrug, you had nobody to give mail, or receive mail from.

the owl's fly around, dropping presents and letters and whatnot to people at various tables.

you look across the table at ron, he got a newspaper or something, and a letter.

"can i borrow this?" harry picks up the newspaper, ron nods.

"hey look, neville's got a remembrall"

you turn to said boy, it was the same one who's toad you and hermione helped look for.

you tilt your head, "remembrall?" you mutter.

"i've read about those" hermione points out.

"when the smoke turns red, it means you've forgotten something." you watch as the smoke turns red inside the small transparent ball.

"the only problem is, i can't remember what i've forgotten" the boy says, you smile.

"hey ron, somebody broke into gringotts"

you turn to harry, "like that wizard bank in diagon alley?"

he nods, you lean over the table slightly as he starts to read out the article.