044 ; finally

◁━━━━◈✙◈━━━━▷

◁━━━━◈✙◈━━━━▷

"AMAZING! THIS IS JUST LIKE MAGIC!"

lockhart cheers excitedly as fawkes flies you all back up to the surface. you had gathered up ron and lockhart as you could feel a pounding headache coming your way.

 fawkes flies you through a giant crevice in the hogwarts grounds and back up to safe ground, you breathe out in relief.

↢ ❦ ↣

YOU ALL NOW STAND IDLY IN DUMBLEDORE'S OFFICE, WORRIED FOR THE CONSEQUENCES TO COME.

dumbledore sat in front of you, his silver eyes surveying each of you carefully.

you bring a hand up to your head, which was pounding in pain, pausing slightly at the feeling if something wet.

you bring your hand down slightly and glance over your shoulder, holding back a grimace. your palm was covered in blood. you look back at dumbledore and sneakily wipe the blood on your robes.

"you all realize, of course.. that in the past few hours, you have broken perhaps a dozen school rules"

you look around, avoiding dumbledore's gaze while the other two look at the ground.

dumbledore's office was nicely decorated with rows of books and other odd items in glass cabinets.

"yes, sir" the two boys say quietly while you absentmindedly nod, harry nudges you in the side, you grimace in slight pain but look at dumbledore, feverly rubbing your side.

"there is sufficient evidence to have you all expelled"

"yes, sir" you all say together this time, exchanging looks.

"therefore, it is only fitting.." you all look up at him nervously, you don't know what you'd do if you got expelled, you'd be forced back onto the streets and you would be alone again.

"that you all receive.. special awards for services to the school"

you blink, dumbledore smiles slightly.

you all exchange looks again, though happier this time.

"thanks, sir" ron says with a smile.

dumbledore nods gently att all you, "now mr. weasley, ms. [name], if you would.. have an owl deliver these release papers to azkaban"

dumbledore gets up from his seat, walking around his table and passing them to you.

"i believe we want our gamekeeper back" he places a hand on yours and ron's shoulder, guiding you both out of the room.

you shut the door behind you and look tor on who seemed very happy, you smile slightly and look back forwards.

↢ ❦ ↣

YOU MOAN OUT HAPPILY AS THE MOUTH-WATERING TASTE OF SOME GOOD ROAST PORK AND POTATOES HITS YOUR TASTE BUDS.

it's felt like years since you've last eaten, when really it's only been about a day.

everyone was greeting sir nicholas, who had cheerfully recovered from his petrification, along with mrs. norris and the other students.

you had gotten your head bandaged and chest bandaged up, which madam pomfrey scolded you for not coming to her earlier.

"harry. it's hermione!" neville points out, you all look to the entrance of the hall, grinning brightly.

hermione rushes over as you all stand up, you and harry engulf her in a tight hug and she goes to hug ron before awkwardly shaking his hand.

you snort.

"welcome back, hermione" he coughs awkwardly.

"it's good to be back"

she grins excitedly, "congratulations. i can't believe you solved it"

"we had loads of help from you" harry says, you and ron nod.

"we couldn't have done it without you"

"thanks"

you pull at the bandages wrapped tightly around your head, "you shouldn't touch them or your head could start bleeding again" hermione scolds.

you look at her in confusion, "how did you even know about that?"

mcgonagall hits her fork against her goblet, "could i have your attention, please?"

all eyes turn to the front table as you all sit back down.

dumbledore stand up, dressed in some fancy robes like he always is for special meals.

"before we begin the feast.. let us have a round of applause for professor sprout, madam pomfrey" professor sprout smiles bashfully, looking embarrassed.

"..who's mandrake juice has been so successfully administered.. to all who had been petrified"

everyone claps and cheers loudly, with the acceptance of draco and his little group.

"also, in light of the recent events.. as a school treat.. all exams have been cancelled"

everyone cheers louder than before, except hermione who looked distraught.

the entrance doors open again, now walking through is the familiar hairy giant, you grin broadly.

"sorry i'm late"

everyone stops and stares for a moment before he starts walking forward again, "the owl that delivered my release papers got all lost and confused. some ruddy bird called errol"

you glance at ron who looked mortified, you snigger.

you all look to dumbledore, he smiles back at you all.

hagrid walks forward, stopping behind you three, you all turn to look at him.

"and i'd just like to say that if it hadn't been for you, harry and ron.. and hermione and [name], of course.. i would still be you-know-where... so i'd just like to say, uh.. thanks" he smiles bashfully.

harry stands up, grinning up at him, "there's no hogwarts without you, hagrid" he steps forward, giving hagrid a big hug.

dumbledore stands up with a gentle smile, starting to clap, shortly followed my mcgonagall and then harry and a few others, and then everyone joined in as well.

everyone stands up, clapping and cheering, all walking over to surround hagrid who started tearing up.

◁━━━━◈✙◈━━━━▷

◁━━━━◈✙◈━━━━▷

words ; 864

date posted ; 04/04/22

©_behindyou_