072 ; timeturner

━━━━━━━❰✭❱━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━❰✭❱━━━━━━━━

"HARRY?"

you and hermione both stand over harry who seemed to be starting to stir awake.

after that whole mishap, you had found sirius and harry down by the lakes, it seemed the dementors had gotten to them. 

so harry was brought to madam pomfrey's and sirius was being taken back to azkaban.

"i saw my dad" harry says the moment he awoke.

you blink, "what?"

"he sent the dementors away" harry says, "i saw him across the lake"

"listen harry, they've captured sirius" hermione tells him, "any minute the dementors are going to perform the kiss"

ayo-?

harry jumps up, "they're going to kill him?"

"no. it's worse" she steps back, "much worse"

harry puts his glasses on.

"they're going to suck out his soul"

your eyes go slightly wide.

but you all turn to the side as the doors open, revealing dumbledore.

you all walk over to him, "headmaster, you've got to stop them. they've got the wrong man!" hermione says.

"it's true, sir. sirius is innocent"

you nod, "mhm, he's innocent!"

"it's scabbers who did it" ron speaks up, he was also on a bed. his leg was in a cast and he was resting on the bed.

dumbledore leans forwards slightly, "scabbers?"

"he's my rat, sir"

but he looks to the side, "he's not really a rat. well, he was a rat. he was my brother percy's rat. but then they gave him an owl.." he trails off.

hermione shakes her head, turning back to dumbledore, "the point is, we know the truth. please believe us"

"i do, miss granger" dumbledore places a hand on her shoulder, "but i'm sorry to say the word of four 13-year-old wizards will convince few others"

he strolls passed you three, headed over to ron.

"a child's voice, however honest and true.." he pats ron's leg, ron lets out whimpers of pain.

"..is meaningless to those who have forgotten how to listen"

but dumbledore looks back at you all again, walking back over.

"mysterious thing, time.. powerful" he steps past hermione, "and when meddled with, dangerous. sirius black is in the topmost cell of the dark tower"

he swivels around, "you know the laws, miss granger. you must not be seen. and you would do well, i feel, to return before this last chime. if not, the consequences are too ghastly to discuss" he walks back over, you look at him confusedly.

"if you succeed tonight.. more than one innocent life may be spared. three turns should do it, i think"

he turns back around, walking off and closing the doors before stopping them at the last moment, "oh, and by the way. when in doubt, i find retracing my steps to be a wise place to begin. good luck" he grins, closing the door.

you look at the door in confusion, "well that was pretty useless"

ron nods, "what the bloody hell was that all about?"

hermione spins around towards ron, "sorry, ron, but seeing as you can't walk.."

hermione pulls something up and out of her shirt, a long golden necklace with a golden circle down the bottom with different numbers on it and an hourglass in the middle.

hermione pulls the chain over all your necks and starts to fiddle with the spinning circle in the middle.

harry goes to touch it but hermione smacks his hand away, you grin, "what is this? this is exciting!"

the circle in the middle starts to spin rapidly, you look around in awe as everything that must have happened in the last few hours plays before your eyes. dumbledore talking to you all, all of you being brought in, people getting bandaged and many other people getting treated by madam pomfrey.

you blink owlishly as hermione removes the chain from your necks again, stuffing the necklace back in her shirt.

"what just happened?" harry voices your thoughts, looking around, "where's ron?"

"7:30" hermione spins around, "where were we at 7:30?"

you blink, "we were.. going to hagrids!"

"come on. and we can't be seen" she grabs both of your arms dragging you along with her.

━━━━━━━❰✭❱━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━❰✭❱━━━━━━━━

words ; 675

date posted ; 18/04/22

©_behindyou_