057 ; eavesdropping

◆ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ❴✪❵ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ◆

AFTER THAT, EVERYONE HAD TO START SLEEPING IN THE HALL.

people were cluttered together, all in sleeping bags sleeping silently.

you were awake, you didn't really feel like sleeping at that moment.

your eyes snap shut as footsteps approach the hall.

"i've searched the astronomy tower and the owlery, sir. there's nothing there"

"ah, thank you"

another pair of footsteps storm in.

"the third floor's clear too, sir"

"very good"

"and i've done the dungeons headmaster, no sign of black, nor anywhere else in the castle" the familiar sound of snape's voice leaves you holding back a grimace.

"i didn't really expect him to linger: dumbledore says casually.

the small group of teachers stroll slowly passed the flurry of heads and feet.

"remarkable feat, don't you think? to enter the hogwarts castle in one's own.. completely undetected?"

"quite remarkable, yeah"

"any theories on how he might have managed it?"

"many. each as unlikely as the next"

"you may recall.. prior to the start of term i had expressed concerns.. about your appointment of professor-" "not a single professor inside this castle would help sirius black to enter it. i'm quite convinced the castle is safe..."

you steady your breathing as they step past you, making it seem as if you're sleeping.

".. and i'm more than willing to send the students back to their houses"

you freeze up slightly.

"what about potter? should he be warned?"

"perhaps. but for now, let him sleep. for in dreams, we enter a world that is entirely our own. let them swim in the deepest ocean or glide over the highest cloud"

and before you knew it, you had fallen asleep for real.

◆ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ❴✪❵ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ◆

words ; 275

date posted ; 12/04/22

©_behindyou_