007 ; sorting

❢◥ ▬▬▬▬▬▬ ◆ ▬▬▬▬▬▬ ◤❢

ALL EYES WERE ON THE GROUP OF FIRST YEARS AS YOU ALL FOLLOW THE LADY FROM EARLIER INTO A LARGE HALL.

you all stare up in the roof at all, your eyes shine as you look up at it.

"it's not real the ceiling" says hermione from beside you.

"it's just bewitched to look like the night sky" she says, you nod while still keeping your gaze up slightly.

"i read about it in 'Hogwarts ; A History' ", you smile, "that was the book you were reading on the train"

she nods.

"will you wait along here, please" the lady guides as you all shuffle to be around the stool that was on the small stage, on the stool was also a hat.

you stay stuck to hermione like glue as you both link your arms.

"now, before we begin.. professor dumbledore would like to say a few words"

an old man sitting in the middle of the table sits up, "i have a few start of term notices i wish to announce. the first years, please note.. that the dark forest is strictly forbidden to all students"

oo~ sounds like fun!

"also, our caretaker, mr filch"

your eyes turn to the back, meeting with another man's. he looked real scrawny. you grimace slightly and look forward.

".. has asked me to remind you, that the third floor corridor on the right hand side, is out of bounds.. to everyone who does not wish to die a most painful death"

you grin while the others look down in doubt.

"thank you." he bows his head and sits back down.

the lady unravels the scroll in her hands, "when i call your name, you will come forth. i shall place the sorting hat on your head.. and you will be sorted into your houses" she lifts the brown hat from the stool.

she looks back at the scroll, "hermione granger"

you feel said girl stiffen, you rub your thumb over the back of her hand as she lets go.

"oh, no. okay. relax" she says to herself, you grin,

oh how cute she is when panicked!

"mental, that one. i'm telling you" you hear ron say from the side.

you narrow your eyes at him slightly.

you watch in shock as the hat starts talking, "gryffindor!" it shouts.

the table you guess to be gryffindor bursts into cheers, hermione gets up happily and sends a glance your way, you give her a thumbs up, she smiles at you before heading over to the table.

"draco malfoy" the lady calls next, you grin.

the boy walks up with a tint of nervousness present on his face, he takes a seat on the stool.

she raises the hat above his head, but before it could even touch a strand of his hair, it shouted "slytherin!!"

he smirks in satisfaction.

"there's not a witch or wizard who hasn't gone bad who was in slytherin" you hear ron say, you pout and walk back to them, "what if i'm in slytherin?" they both jump, he just shakes his head.

"susan bones"

a cute girl walks up, she also looked quite nervous.

you glance back at harry who was holding his scar in pain, before your eyes travel to where he was looking.

there was a man with black hair and fully-black clothes, he was staring directly at harry.

you just shrug and turn forwards, "hufflepuff!" the hat calls for the girl.

you place a finger on your chin,

so far it seems hufflepuff is for the nicer people, and slytherin is for some of the nastier people. oh well, i still hope i'm in slytherin. maybe i can get some of their yummy blood!

"ronald weasley" she calls next, said boy's mouth goes agape.

you nudge him forward.

he walks up slowly and takes a seat on the stool, looking up nervously.

"gryffindor!" the hat shouts after a bit of chattering.

your eyes turn to said table, you see multiple gingers sitting there and wonder if they're his siblings, they do look quite alike, after all.

"[name] toga"

you grin excitedly as you step up the stool with a bit of pep in your step, you sit down with a wide grin, revealing your sharp canines, which others seem to dismiss, they couldn't really see them, anyways.

the hat hums, "hmm, slytherin!"

you just keep your grin and internally cheer, skipping over to the table as you feel someone's eyes on you, you turn back, seeing hermione glance at you in worry, you just grin at her with a thumbs up.

you plop down next to draco, "so, what's your name?" you already knew his name, but you were trying to strike up a conversation.

he glares at you, you just smile, "well, my name's [name] toga!" he seems to finally register your foreign accent as he raises his eyebrows at you, before ignoring you completely and turning forwards.

you pout, but turn to the front again as harry's name is called.

you watch as the hat and harry talk for a while, "gryffindor!" it finally shouts.

you pout,

all the people i know are in gryffindor.

❢◥ ▬▬▬▬▬▬ ◆ ▬▬▬▬▬▬ ◤❢

words ; 860

date posted ; 07/03/22

©_behindyou_