150 ; ron's return & xenophilius lovegood

---------------- » «» « ----------------

"ARE YOU FEELING BETTER?"

hermione asks harry, who had just come out of your newly set up tent.

you were both sat on the snow, sharing a blanket over your legs. hermione was reading from her book and you were just absentmindedly stroking the himiko teddy.

"you've outdone yourself this time, hermione"

"the forest of dean. i came here once with mum and dad, years ago. it's just how i remember it. the trees, the river, everything. like nothing's changed. not true, of course. everything's changed"

harry sits in front of you both.

"if i brought my parents back here now, they probably wouldn't recognise any of it. not the trees, not the river.. not even me"

you purse your lips.

"maybe we should just stay here, harry, [name]. grow old" she chuckles slightly.

you glance down.

"you wanted to know who the boy in the photograph was. i know. gellert grindelwald"

hermione hands him the book.

"he's the thief i saw in gregorovitch's wand shop. speaking of which, where is my wand?"

you look down guiltily, "[name], where is my wand?"

you sigh slightly, sitting up.

you pull a piece of cloth backwards, "as were leaving godric's hollow, i cast a curse at that snake and it rebounded. i'm sorry. we tried to mend it, but wands are different"

"it's done" harry says, closing the book, you frown.

"leave me yours. go inside and get warm. i'll take the locket as well"

you take your wand from inside your coat, handing it to harry, "don't lose it. or else i will murder you"

➳༻❀✿❀༺➳

YOU BREATHE SLOWLY AS YOU SLEEP RATHER UNCOMFORTABLY.

"hermione, [name]?"

your eyes twitch slightly.

"hermione, [name]?"

your eyes open and you sit up.

you and hermione both exchange a glance before standing up and stepping out of the tent.

"is everything all right?" hermione questions.

"it's fine. actually, you know, it's more than fine" he gestures back behind him, you both trudge up the small hill.