052 ; hippogriff

≪━─━─━─━─◈─━─━─━─━≫

≪━─━─━─━─◈─━─━─━─━≫

"YOU DON'T THINK THAT GRIM THINGS GOT ANYTHING TO DO WITH SIRIUS BLACK, DO YOU?"

you were all now walking down the steps outside out towards hagrid's hut where the care of magical creatures class was taking place.

you roll your eyes at ron's question, heaving your bag over your shoulder more and clutching your book.

"oh, honestly, ron. if you ask me, divinations a very woolly discipline"

you nod, "i agree, it feels like trelawney was just tormenting neville-kun"

"now, ancient runes, that's a fascinating subject" hermione says.

"ancient runes? exactly how many classes are you taking this term?" you sigh out exasperatedly.

"a fair few"

ron suddenly stops, "hang on. that's not possible"

you stop next to hermione.

"ancient runes is on the same time as divination" ron says as hermione starts walking again with you following behind.

"you'd have to be in two classes at once" ron says.

"don't be silly. how could anyone be in two classes at once? 'broaden your minds. use your inner eye to see the future' " she mocks, giggling slightly.

you all hurry down to hagrid's hut as more students get down there.

hagrid steps out as everyone made it down there, "that's it. come on, now. come closer. less talking, if you don't mind"

you smile, hagrid seemed to be holding back his excitement to be teaching a class.

"i got a real treat for you today" he puts his hands on his hips.

"a great lesson" he nods, "so follow me"

he steps down and you all follow him into a snippet of forest, walking for a while until he leads you by a long trail of stacked rocks.

a few of them were fallen over so that's where you all stepped over.

"right, you lot. less chattering. form a group over there" he waves his finger, "and open your books to page 49"

you look down at your book almost gagging, you had screamed when you saw the book for the first time. it was large and had the face of a spider, it moves as well.

"and exactly how do we do that?" draco steps up onto a piece of wood.

"just stroke the spine, of course. goodness me" hagrid sighs.

you look down, nervously stroking the spine of your book with your ring-decorated fingers, with the rings being ones you stole from a nice shop.