011 ; hurt

█ ✪ █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█ ✪ █

█  ✪  █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█  ✪  █

█ ✪ █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█ ✪ █

YOU WERE NOW SITTING IN CHARMS CLASS WITH MR FLITWICK STANDING ON A PILE OF BOOKS TO TEACH.

your cheek was resting in your hand as you're seated, once again, next to hermione.

"one of a wizard's most rudimentary skills, is levitation..or, the ability to make objects fly"

your gaze turns down to the feather that was sitting on your table.

"do you have your feathers?" hermione picks hers up and holds it up slightly, "good"

"now, don't forget the nice wrist movement we've been practicing, hm. the swish, and flick" he does a movement with his wrist, "everyone"

you pick up your wand as you fingers slightly trace the textured wood, "swish and flick" everyone choruses.

"good. oh, and enunciate. wingardium leviosa. off you go, then"

you look back at your feather, but snort as you watch ron try to do it, fail, and then swing his wand down like a madman.

hermione stops him, "no, stop, stop,stop! you're going to take someone's eye out. besides, you're saying it wrong. it's leviOsa, not leviosAR. "

"you do it then, if you're so clever" ron scoffs.

"go on, go on"

hermione rolls her eyes, "wingardium leviosa", and just like that, her feather starts to fly up.

you grin, "ooh! i wanna try, i wanna try!"

you hold your wand forward, "wingardium leviosa" - just like hermione's, your feather flies up into the air, you grin happily.

ron looks at both feathers in shock, along with all the other students.

flitwick smiles excitedly, "ohoh! well done! see here, everyone! miss granger and miss toga's done it!" he laughs again, "splendid!"

"wingard leviosa" seamus sighs out.

"well done, dears" flitwick says, only to get startled by an explosion, once again, coming from seamus's desk.

━─━─━━─━「₪」━━─━─━─━

YOU WERE WALKING WITH HERMIONE OUT OF CLASS, SHE TURNS TO YOU.

"i forgot to ask before, but where are you from, [name]?"

you grin, "oh! i'm japanese"

your mouth parts and she smiles, "that's really cool! i've never met someone from japan before"

you smile back at her, but you both turn forwards as ron's obnoxious voice can be heard above all the others.

" 'it's leviOsa, not leviosar' " he mocks hermione's voice, the others walking with him laugh along.

"she's a nightmare, honestly! no wonder she hasn't got any friends besides that weird slytherin girl, have you seen her?! she's so weird! always sticking to her like glue, she's got issues, i bet"

you frown and follow behind hermione as she storms passed the lot of them, bumping ron's shoulder, you follow close after, also bumping his shoulder and snarling at him before jogging towards hermione.

you follow besides hermione as tears well up in her eyes, you walk with her as she storms off to the bathroom, shutting herself in a stall.

you sit right outside, just by the door and look down. you'd never really felt that much in the way of emotions before, but the sound of hermione crying just didn't quite sit right with you.

you couldn't quite say you were offended by what ron had said, it was what you had grown up hearing, anyways. and it certainly wasn't the worst thing you had heard about you. after years of hearing it, you sort of grow to ignore it and move passed it. 

names were often thrown your way in your early and late childhood ; freak, loser, weirdo, blood-obsessed bitch, monster. it wasn't a new feeling, getting degraded and thrown around like trash.

you rest your head on the wall and turn your eyes to the side as the door pulls open, revealing a puffy-eyed hermione. she sits next to you wordlessly, you just look forward and let her rest her head on your shoulder.

█ ✪ █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█ ✪ █

words ; 640

date posted ; 08/03/22

©_behindyou_