120 ; caught

─────✧・゚: *✧・

─────✧・゚: *✧・

'WE HAVE CONFIRMED THAT 12 HIGH-SECURITY PRISONERS IN THE EARLY HOURS OF YESTERDAY EVENING DID ESCAPE. AND OF COURSE, THE MUGGLE PRIME MINISTER HAS BEEN ALERTED TO THE DANGER. WE STRONGLY SUSPECT.. THAT THE BREAKOUT WAS ENGINEERED BY A MAN WITH PERSONAL EXPERIENCE ESCAPING FROM AZKABAN.. NOTORIOUS MASS MURDERER SIRIUS BLACK'

you roll your eyes, putting the daily profit down and glancing at the picture of one of the escapees, 'bellatrix lestrange'

apparently, she was sirius's deranged cousin. she looked kinda cool.

"dumbledore warned fudge this could happen. he's gonna get us all killed just cause he can't face the truth" hermione clicks her tongue.

"harry"

you all stop, looking back at seamus.

"i, uh.. i wanted to apologize. now even me mum says the prophet's version of things don't add up. so, what i'm really trying to say is that.. i believe you"

you blink awkwardly.

── ✧《✩》✧ ──

"MAKE IT A POWERFUL MEMORY, THE HAPPIEST YOU CAN REMEMBER"

you grin, you had done this all before.

"allow it to fill you up"

you raise your wand, "expecto patronum!"

a cute translucent rabbit hops from the tip of your wand, you grin.

(reasoning for it being a rabbit ; Rabbits have hella huge personalities and throw major temper-tantrums despite being such cute and otherwise cuddly animals.)

"excellent, [name]!"

you put your hands on your hips proudly, watching the rabbit hop around the room.

ginny also does hers properly, an elegant horse swaying its mane and cantering about the room.

"just remember, your patronus can only protect you for as long as you stay focused. so focus!"

you snigger at ron's - which was a dog - ir ran around, knocking people over.

you beam at luna's, "luna! i have a bunny, too!"

she smiles.

it was kind of odd you both had the same patronus, considering your personalities were quite different.

but everyone pauses as the crystals on the chandelier jingle and the lights flicker a bit, there was also a sort of rumble.

all the patronus run a bit before dissipating.

everyone steps forward, gripping their wands.

the glass in front of harry starts to crack, everyone else stands back.

the glass shatters and a few hold up their wands, you narrow your eyes.

there was a small hole in the bricks behind, harry and the other boy step forward.

you frown.

harry and the boy jump back as the wall explodes, your eyes go wide.

everyone looks through the now hole in the wall, it was umbridge and her little search team. draco pulls cho into view, you frown heavily, running your tongue over your teeth.

"get them"

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

YOU, HARRY AND CHO WERE THEN DRAGGED INTO DUMBLEDORE'S OFFICE.

they had just guessed you had also helped form it since you were apart of the hearing also and they deemed you suspicious.

"been watching them for weeks. and see, 'dumbledore's army'.. proof of what i've been telling you right from the beginning, cornelius" umbridge paces.

percy drags you, harry and cho by the collar and into the room.

"all your fear-mongering about you-know-who never fooled us for a minute"

sure..

you glance at cho.

"we saw your lies for what they were : a smokescreen for your bid to seize control of the ministry" umbridge says as if she was undoubtedly correct.

"naturally"

you look over to dumbledore, who was seated casually on his desk.

"no, professor. he had nothing to do with it. it was me"

you nod, "yeah, it was me too"

"most noble of you, harry, [name], to shield me, but as has been pointed out.. the parchment clearly says 'dumbledore's army', not 'potter's' nor 'toga's'

i instructed the two of them to form this organization. and i, and i alone, am responsible for its activities"

"dispatch an owl to the daily prophet. if we hurry, we should still make the morning edition"

you roll your eyes.

"dawlish, shacklebolt, you will escort dumbledore.. to azkaban.."

you purse your lips.

".. to wait trial for conspiracy and sedition"

"ah.. i thought we might hit this little snag"

you raise an eyebrow, dumbledore walks back behind his desk.

"you seem to be laboring under the delusion that i'm going to... what was the phrase?... come quietly?"

you smirk slightly.

"well, i can tell you this : i have no intention of going to azkaban"

"enough of this" umbridge hisses crossly, "take him!"

before anyone could do anything, fawkes had flown over, dumbledore had risen his arms and clapped up in the air and disappeared in a fit of flames, blowing the minister, umbridge, the others, and percy backwards.

kingsley breathes out, "well, you might not like him, minister.. but you can't deny.. dumbledore has got style"

you grin.

─────✧・゚: *✧・

─────✧・゚: *✧・

words ; 753

date posted ; 1/05/22

©_behindyou_