090 ; dragons

•·•·•·•·•·•·•·•·•·••·•·•·•·•·•·•·•·•·••·•·•·•·•·•·•·•·•·•

AND NOW, THE LONG AWAITED FIRST TASK WAS READY.

you were in a pitch far from the school, the ground was rocky and everything was wooden.

"bets! place your bets! bets taken! bets taken here!"

fred and george had taken the self-made job of gathering bets.

"step up, folks! who fancies a flutter in today's bloodbath?"

"smart money's on krum to survive!"

you and hermione glance at each other, nodding and sneaking off down to the champion's tent.

you go around the front, "harry. is that you?" hermione whispers as someone stands on the other side.

"yeah"

"how are you feeling?" you ask.

"okay?" hermione asks.

"the key is to concentrate" she says.

"after that, you just have to.." you trail off, "battle a dragon" harry finishes.

hermione throws herself onto harry, wrapping her arms around his neck, you join the hug.

and right that moment a big camera flashes and a gasp is heard, "young love. a three-way, huh?"

your jaw drops, eyeing the female judgmentally.

"how..." she spreads her arms, waddling over to you three, "stirring"

the floating quill writes that down.

you all miss the jealousy swimming in cedric's eyes for just a moment.

"if everything goes.. unfortunate today. you three may even make the front page"

you deadpan.

"you have no business here" krum says, "this tent is for champions.. and friends"

you nudge hermione slightly, holding back your big sigh.

"no matter. we've got what we wanted" the quill strokes his face, you grimace, "is this lady okay..?" you mutter.

the guy takes one more photo before they walk away slightly.

 dumbledore, filch and the other schools' teachers walk through.

"good day, champions. gather round please"

you awkwardly stick to hermione and harry.

"now, you've waited, you've wondered, and at last the moment has arrived. a moment only four of you can fully appreciate" dumbledore says before seeing you and hermione, "what are you two doing here, miss granger, miss toga?"

"oh, uhm. sorry, we'll just go.."

you wave awkwardly to harry and cedric, mouthing 'good luck' before walking out with hermione.

you both hurry up back onto the seats, taking spots in-between ron and neville.

cedric went first and then the other two, all three of them successfully retrieved the egg.

and now, was harry's turn.

"three of our champions have now faced their dragons.. and so each one of them will proceed to the next task. and now our fourth and final contestant"

"harry! harry! harry!" everyone chants, you tap the railing with your fingers in anticipation.

everyone cheers as he comes out from the waiting area.

harry catches sight of the egg, walking forward but falling slightly as his dragon ; a hungarian horntail, whacks its tail into the ground behind him.

everyone shouts, dropping down nervously.

the dragon growls, spitting fire out at harry. you grip the railing.

harry starts trying to climb up a rock, the dragon flies off, smashing its tail right next to harry, you scream.

harry falls back down the rock, everyone flinches.

you wince as harry gets thrown by the dragon's tail. everyone stands back up, watching nervously.

harry starts to run again, the dragon breathes more fire out at him.

"your wand, harry! your wand!" hermione shouts.

harry swings his wand in the air, "accio firebolt!"

harry hides behind a rock, glancing upwards as his broom starts to fly down.

the dragon breathes fire directly at the rock, melting the front of it.

but harry makes a run for it, jumping on his broom as the dragon breathes more fire towards him.

everyone cheers, "yeah!!"

harry attempts to grab the egg as he flies back, narrowly missing and nearly getting struck by a wad of flames.

he flies upwards, the dragon follows but is held back by the chain around its neck. everyone gasps as the dragon breaks the chain, flying after harry.

harry flies around the place and through the teachers, the dragon follows from the top, destroying the teachers tower.

"yeah!"

"yeah! well done, dragon!!"

and now both harry and the dragon were completely out of sight, they had flown of somewhere and were nowhere to be seen.

everyone stands nervously, looking around for any sight of them.

but everyone erupts into cheers as harry zooms over the hill, "yes! yes!"

you clap, cheering loudly.

harry zooms over and back into the pitch, his broom smoking slightly.

he flies passed, grabbing the egg in his arm.

everyone cheers louder.

•·•·•·•·•·•·•·•·•·••·•·•·•·•·•·•·•·•·••·•·•·•·•·•·•·•·•·•

words ; 671

date posted ; 22/04/22

©_behindyou_