043 ; defeat

━───────⊹⊱✙⊰⊹───────━

YOU GLANCE BACK AT THE BASILISK, IT WAS RIGHT ON YOURS AND HARRY'S TRAIL.

turns out, that was the wrong choice. in sync with harry, your foot slips on a wet patch and you're sent forwards onto the ground, wand rolling out of your hands and a bit away from you.

harry's glasses also fell off, landing conveniently right beside your wand.

he reaches over and grabs both your and and his glasses, putting his glasses on before handing you your wand.

before you had time to react, the basilisk was over yours and harry's heads, ready to chomp down when the same squawking sound is heard as the bird harry identified as fawkes flies overhead and into the basilisk's face, landing on it's eyes and piercing it's sharp talons right along them.

the basilisk shrieks in pain as you and harry rollover to get a good view of what was happening.

"no!" tom shouts, "your bird may have blinded the basilisk, but it can still hear you"

you both look over at the basilisk, standing up and watching for a moment as it's flails around in pain before harry steps backwards into a small puddle, creating a just loud enough splash for the basilisk to stop moving.

you and harry spare a glance at each other before sprinting off to the right, leaving the basilisk to chomp on the ground.

your feet create loud splashing sounds along the water as you quickly duck into another round tunnel, the basilisk destroying some of the rock mounds right behind you.

you and harry run through the tunnels, past some rats and around a corner, hoping for another long tunnel, only for it to be closed off by a fence.

harry tries pulling at it, you shake your head, "it's not going to come off" you say quietly.

you go to run back out, turning around only to freeze, the basilisk's head was directly in front of the entrance to the small area you and harry were standing.

it's slashed eyes coated in blood, making you grin,

it's so much cuter with blood!

you both step all the way back into the small tunnel as the basilisk pokes its head in, putting it dangerously close to you both.

you gently clutch a rock in your hand, chucking it out the opposite direction from which you came.

the basilisk goes silent, pulling its head back out before slowly sliding down the direction of the rock.

once the basilisk had crossed off into another tunnel, you and harry ran off into an open tunnel leading back out by tom and ginny.

you and harry run over, crouching by ginny.