070 ; peter pettigrew

× •-•-•-•⟮ ◆ ⟯•-•-•-• ×

"ME?! HE'S MENTAL!"

ron creeches, "not you! your rat!"

said rat squeals and shuffles.

"scabbers has been in my family for.."

"twelve years? curiously long life for a common garden rat! he's missing a toe, isn't he?"

"so what?"

"all they could find of pettigrew was his-" harry starts, "finger!" sirius finishes.

"the dirty coward cut it off so everyone would think he was dead! and then he transformed into a rat!"

"show me" harry says impatiently.

sirius grabs the rat, ron holds him tightly.

"give it to him, ron!" you say.

"what are you trying to do to him?!"

the rat screeches and flails around crazily in sirius's grip, "scabbers!" ron cries.

"leave him alone! get off him! what are you doing?!"

both remus and sirius point the wands at the rat, plopping him down and watching him scurry across the open piano.

they both flick their wands, trying to hit him. ron cries.

the rat jumps down on the keys, making a not-so-pleasant noise.

the rat runs, jumping for  a small rat hole but in the last moment it gets hit with a spell.

you watch in disgust as the small rat turns into a gross, grown man.

both adults pull him out.

pettigrew sniffles as if he was still a rat, shielding his face with his hands which had abnormally long nails.

"remus? s-s-sirius? my old friends!" he says before trying to run through them both, they hold him back.

pettigrew looks around, his eyes catching harry's.

"harry! look at you. you look so much like your father" he approaches harry, you step forward in front of him, pointing your knife in pettigrew's face, hs shrinks back, but chatters his teeth in recognition, "and you must be [mothers name]'s daughter! oh, you two look so alike"

he puts his scraggly hands near your face, "oh, we were the best of friends.."

"how dare you speak to them!" sirius hisses.

pettigrew scurries of, hiding behind the piano.

"how dare you talk about james in front of harry!"

lupin points his wand directly at him, "you sold james and lily to voldemort, didn't you?!"

"i didn't mean to" pettigrew cries pitifully, "the dark lord. you have no idea the weapons he possesses! ask yourself, sirius" he points a dirty finger at siirus, "what would you have done? what would you have done?"

"i would have died!" sirius screams, pettigrew ducks down behind the piano, whimpering pathetically.

"i would have died rather than betray my friends!"

pettigrew crawls under the piano in an attempt of escape, harry runs to the front door with your knife in hold.

true to your word, you gave him the knife, except it wasn't for sirius.

pettigrew runs up as close to harry as he can without getting pierced with the blade, "harry! james wouldn't have wanted me killed! your dad.. your dad would have spared me! he would have shown me mercy-!" he shrieks as he's pulled back by lupin and sirius.

"should have realized peter, that if voldemort didn't kill you, then we would! together!" they both point their wands at him.

"no!" harry shouts, you look at him.

"harry, this man is..." lupin trails off.

"i know what he is" he steps forwards, "but we'll take him to the castle"

"bless you, boy" pettigrew goes down on his knees, "bless you!"

"get off!" shouts harry, stepping back as pettigrew makes an attempt to touch him.

"i said we'd take you to the castle"

pettigrew gets back on his knees.

"after that, the dementors can have you"

pettigrew shudders, chattering his teeth noisily in fear.

× •-•-•-•⟮ ◆ ⟯•-•-•-• ×

words ; 596

date posted ; 16/04/22

©_behindyou_