032 ; parseltongue

━━━━━━━ ✤ ━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━ ✤ ━━━━━━━

"DON'T MOVE, POTTER. I'LL GET RID OF IT FOR YOU"

snape walks forward, not showing any signs of fear from the snake.

you were still cooing at it, waving your finger at a safe distance from its face.

"allow me, professor snape"

you groan and move away from the snake at the sound of lockharts voice.

"alarte ascendare!"

what shocked you was that the spell actually worked. but he obviously didn't pick the right spell, as it just flung the snake into the air for a moment before dropping it right back down where it was.

and this only seemed to aggravate the snake more as it gets back up, hissing at the students.

but harry narrows his eyes at the snake, taking a step forward, and starts speaking to the snake in some language you can't understand.

your eyes widen, along with everyone else's.

the snake turns to a student, you hide your grin behind your hand,

oh! oh! bite him! tell it to bite him harry-kun!

the snake leans forwards, hissing a bunch while harry still talks to it in the random language.

the snake turns to harry, hissing again. harry shakes his head slightly.

"vipera evanesca" snape shoots out a spell, also looking rather perplexed.

the snake then disintegrates into nothingness as everyone turns to harry.

"what are you playing at?" the kid who the snake nearly went out says to harry.

harry looks at him confused as the boy looks at him in fear.

harry looks around at both teachers, who looked equally as shocked as the rest of you.

══════ ✥.❖.✥ ══════

YOU HAD ALL RAN BACK INTO GRYFFINDOR COMMON ROOM.

amidst the shock of the unknown language, you had went in with them.

"you're a parselmouth? why didn't you tell us?" ron says.

"i'm a what?" harry asks in confusion, you nod, "he's a what?"

"you can talk to snakes" hermione says, you blink in shock, "what?! harry-kun you can talk to snakes?? and you never told me???" you say in disbelief.

harry ignores you, "i know. i mean, i accidentally set a python on my cousin dudley at the zoo once"

your grin widens,

oh, i hope it bit him!

ron and hermione exchange looks, "once." harry looks between them nervously.

"but so what? i bet loads of people here can do it." he reasons.

"no, they can't. it's not a very common gift harry. this is bad" hermione shakes her head.

you tilt your head, "eh? why is it bad?"

harry nods, "what's bad? if i hadn't told that snake not to attack justin.."

"oh, that's what you said to it!" ron says.

"you were there. you heard me" harry says in confusion.

"i heard you speaking parseltongue. snake language?" ron says to him, you nod.

"i spoke a different language?" harry says in confused awe.

you all nod.

"but i didn't realize.." harry stammers out while you take some time to gaze around the common room, it was certainly a lot homelier than slytherin one.

"how can i speak a language without knowing i can?" harry says, completely confused.

you shrug, "i dunno, harry-kun! but i do it all the time!"

they all look at you in confusion before back to harry.

"i don't know, harry. but it sounded like you were egging the snake on or something." hermione says nervously.

"harry, listen to me. there's a reason the symbol of slytherin house is a serpent" you look at hermione.

"salazar slytherin was a parselmouth. he could speak to snakes, too"

you pout,

lucky~

"exactly. now the whole schools gonna think you're his great-great-great grandson or something!" ron says.

"but i'm not!" harry says rather angrily.

"i can't be"

"he lived a thousand years ago. for all we know, you could be"

you look around, "i should probably get back to my own room before people start coming in"

the others blink, just know really noticing you were all in the gryffindor common room.

━━━━━━━ ✤ ━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━ ✤ ━━━━━━━

words ; 640

date posted ; 01/04/22

©_behindyou_