110 ; i must not use a negative attitude

★━━━━━━✩━━━━━━★

★━━━━━━✩━━━━━━★

YOU SIT WITH HERMIONE, RON AND HARRY OUT ON THE COURT.

you were talking about random things, mostly about a certain hate for your new DADA teacher.

hermione looks up, "it's getting pretty late, we should probably head back to the common room"

you nod, it had become routine for you to walk them to their dorm every day.

you all pack up your stuff, putting your bag over your shoulder and hopping up, walking back into the castle and up the stairs towards gryffindor common room.

as you were about half way there, you're stopped by a tap on your shoulder.

you look over, pursing your lips at umbridge's smiling face.

the others stop, too.

"what did you need, professor?" you ask.

"well, if i remember correctly, slytherin dormitories are down in the chambers"

you raise an eyebrow, "and?"

she looks around, "well, you're not in the chambers right now, are you?"

you scrunch your face up, "no? i'm just walking them to their common room"

"don't use that attitude with me, i will not condone it"

you scoff, "what attitude?"

"you are to go straight to your common room"

you raise an eyebrow, "gryffindor common room is just up there, it'll literally be two minutes"

ron, harry and hermione listen silently to your quarrel.

"detention, miss toga!"

you deadpan, "what? i'm literally just walking them to their room"

"detention, in my office. now"

you roll your eyes waving at the other three, "well, see you guys"

harry furrows his eyebrows as you groggily follow behind umbridge.

you rub your forehead in annoyance as umbridge brings you to her office, you step inside.

the walls were pink and covered in plates with pictures of cats on them.

the whole room was pink and very tidy, you run your tongue over your teeth,

well, someone likes pink

"you will be writing lines for me today"

you just boredly nod, taking a seat and going to take out your quill.

"no, not with your quill. going to be using a rather special one of mine"

you raise an eyebrow, she hands you a feathered quill.

you pick it up.

"now.. i want you to write, 'i must not use a negative attitude'"

you sigh, "how many times?"

"well, let's say for as long as it takes for the message to kick in"

you purse your lips, looking back at her, "you haven't given me any ink"

"oh, you won't need any ink:

you furrow your eyebrows but turn to the paper, writing 'i must not use a negative attitude' two times before your hand started to itch, and the hurt.

you frown, hissing in pain slightly.

you grit your teeth, looking at your hand. it was going red and letters were being engraved into your skin. 

you clench your fist as the words 'i must not use a negative attitude' carve into your skin, you thought it was over the first time but it kept going, writing it a second time you frown.

you glare at her, she smiles, "yes?"

you scoff, "nothing"

she bends down, "good. because you know, deep down.. you deserve to be punished. you may go if you think the message has sunken in"

you nod, hastily grabbing your bag and scuttling out of there with a heavy frown.

you head straight for slytherin common room, blowing on your hand to try and help stop the pain. the writing was stinging like a bitch, you storm over to the wall, "pureblood"

you storm into the room, pushing through draco and his lankies who were standing and laughing mockingly at something and heading right for your room.

when you entered, daphne was already in there.

you take something out from under your bed, a mini medkit.

daphne glances over, "the hell happened to your hand?"

you just shrug, taking out a roll of bandages and wrapping them over your hand, closing the medkit again, getting under the blankets and immediately falling asleep.

★━━━━━━✩━━━━━━★

★━━━━━━✩━━━━━━★

words ; 636

date posted ; 26/04/22

©_behindyou_