038 ; follow the spiders

◑ ━━━━━ ▣ ━━━━━ ◐

◑ ━━━━━ ▣ ━━━━━ ◐

YOU POUT SLIGHTLY AS QUIDDITCH HAD JUST BEEN CANCELLED.

you wonder why, it wasn't rainy or anything. well, even if it was they would still play.

"miss toga"

you look back, mcgonagall was standing there with harry and ron who looked equally as confused. harry was in his quidditch uniform, so he had obviously only just found out as well.

"follow me"

you just nod and follow alongside ron and harry, she leads you back inside the school and into the hospital wing.

you frown slightly in confusion.

"i warn you. this could be a wee bit of a shock"

your eyes go wide as you all approach a bed, hermione was laid on it, eyes wide open and in an odd position.

she's been petrified...

"hermione!" ron whispers in shock.

"she was found near the library.. along with this" she picks up a silver mirror.

"does it mean anything to any of you?"

you shake your head. "no" harry confirms.

•——◤✧◥——•

"SILENCE" SNAPE HISSES AS HE BARGES INTO THE SLYTHERIN COMMON ROOM.

you look to him, you were sitting off to the side playing with your wand in your fingers, making fun in pricking yourself from time-to-time.

"because of recent events, new rules are being put into place immediately"

you raise an eyebrow.

he looks down to the scroll in his hands, " 'all students will return to their house common rooms by 6:00 every evening. all students will be escorted to each lesson by a teacher. no exceptions" he says, glaring at each and every one of you as if it was your fault.

he stares for a moment before whisking his cloak behind him and storming off, you slouch back.

•——◤✧◥——•

YOU WERE SILENTLY WAITING BY THE DOOR OF YOUR COMMON ROOM LATE THE NEXT NIGHT.

on the way to class, ron and harry managed to make time to tell you their little plan to use the invisibility cloak to sneak down to hagrid's hut.

you bring your ear to the door as a faint knocking is heard on the wall a bit away, you were lucky they remembered the way.

you peek around before slowly opening the door and creeping out, closing it silently and slipping under the invisibility cloak.