× Purple Heart ×

They continued on with their journey after resting for a few hours, with the daylight already setting and the night time taking it's place.

The group managed to escape the maintenance tunnels undetected and found themselves outside of the city limits, in a strange place where neon lights and low sounds of jazz music drift though the dirty streets. 

"Where are we?" Hoseok asks, clinging onto Jungkook as the group follows Jin down an alley leading to a street filled with shady looking people. 

"We have reached the outer limits of Seoul." Jin informs, which wasn't really much information to go by. 

"This is the slums." Namjoon says as he looks around the streets, at the various onlookers giving them blank stares or dirty looks. "Everyone stay close."

"You don't need to tell me twice." Hoseok says, gripping onto Jungkook's arm.

"I don't detect any CYBER-SX models here." Jimin says as he looks around with curiosity, wondering why this place was so dark and dirty compared to Seoul.

"That's because these people can't afford one. We are not in Seoul anymore, that's for sure." Hoseok says, nearly morphing himself into Jungkook's back out of fear. 

Namjoon is cautions of their surroundings, noticing how some people are staring a little too hard at Jimin and Jin. He takes Jimin's hand, pulling the android close to him, wrapping his arm around the android's waist.

"Jin hyung, is there a place we can stay for the night?" He asks, keeping his eyes focused on the onlookers around them, not liking some of the lustful stares they are leering at Jimin.  

"I can scan the local area for any motels of the sort." Jin blinks, his eyes flashing green and blue. 

A few people walking by stop to stare at him, it's obvious they have never seen a CYBER-SX model up close. 

"Jin hyung, there are people staring." Jungkook whispers, feeling uneased by the longing stares of the residence around them. 

Jin blinks, then looks around, not sensing any hostility from the onlookers. The threat level has lowered down to moderate, meaning they can still be in danger, just not at a serious level like Min Corp. 

"I have found a rest stop just ahead." Jin keeps on walking, letting Hoseok and Jungkook hide behind him as they approach the rest stop. 

It's a typical rundown motel with faded brown furniture, stains on the walls and carpet, and the smell of wet dog lingering in the air. 

"How can I service you tonight?" The man at the front desk asks. He's an elderly man with fading gray hair and a receding hairline. Dressed with a Hawaiian floral shirt and littered with tattoos up and down his arms. 

He seems pleased by their arrival, perhaps he hasn't had many visitors in awhile. 

"We would like a room, please." Jin tells him with a calm smile. 

The man squints his eyes at Jin, then looks over to Jimin and smiles. "It's cash only." he says, looking back to Jin. 

"Damn, I don't have any cash on me." Hoseok mutters. 

Jungkook and Namjoon are the same. None have any cash on them, and they decided not to use any credit cards incase Min Corp was tracking their accounts. 

"No cash, no service." The old man says, shifting his gaze from Jin to Jimin. "But...I'll let the fee slide...if you give me a few minutes with that pretty little android." 

Jimin feels the tension on his hip tighten, no doubt the man's words have agitated Namjoon. 

"Back off. He's mine." Namjoon's tone deepens as he steps in front of Jimin, blocking him from the man's lustful gaze.